Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Baronjutter posted:

I don't have a picture so I had to draw it but this is what my friend's sink look like. She bought a condo from a flipper who installed... this...

It's a large bathroom but 75% of the countertop of the large counter is taken up by this massive massive sink. You can use the bit right under the faucet but the rest I don't think has ever had water touch it. I could understand if the water came down on the other side and flowed down the ramp, but it's directly above the drain. Oh and the whole thing is polished concrete with rougher exposed aggregate on the outside so impossible to fully clean. Already like a year later the sink is staining and aging totally differently with the tiny area that gets wet being a different colour than the rest of the sink that remains bone dry.

What is the point of this design?? Why did someone think it was a good use of nearly the entire counter??

The faucet goes on the other side. They retrofitted a fancy sink into a standard setup (drain right under faucet). Or yoi could reverse it and move the drain.

If they were flipping it, they probably picked it up at the discount hardware place for a song and a dime OR it's covering some problem with the rest of the counter. Or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Also one of the most magical things about this thread is the way it keeps making the raging misogynists just keep on crawling out of the woodwork, it just doesn't stop being amazing :allears:

You'd think the structural integrity of the woodwork would be compromised by an infestation of raging misogynists, but it's still somehow upright.

• Locked thread