Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want a tile bathroom but the entire bathroom is just one big tile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Shower with bottles just sitting on the floor is making me depressed.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wow Stockholm seems to be in the middle of a Vancouver/Australia level of bubble.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Other than all the exposed ugly plastic piping it looks fine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is this the share your bathroom thread? Here's our perfectly functional little one.

I could do with a couple extra feet but it's otherwise totally fine. Got one of those racks that hangs off the shower head for in-bath storage, works fine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've at least got a pretty good sized closet full of shelves for bathroom storage right outside the bathroom door. In a way I prefer it just outside the bathroom so there's never even a chance of moisture issues.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Shower curtains are fine. They're generally cheap and you just get a new one every few years. They aren't that hard to clean either. My friend has a huge periodic table for a shower curtain, it's cool.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Best practise is to have baths and just stew in your own juices.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Vargatron posted:

The bottom of my tub is stained from the previous tenants and I don't know what I can do to clean it.

God I'd post pictures of my bathroom but I'm self conscious.

Tubchat itt.

CLR or something?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like the drawers under the sink. But why are those styles of sinks so popular over the last 5-10 years? Suddenly every reno has them. At least that one doesn't have a huge overhang that makes cleaning a pain.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't have a picture so I had to draw it but this is what my friend's sink look like. She bought a condo from a flipper who installed... this...

It's a large bathroom but 75% of the countertop of the large counter is taken up by this massive massive sink. You can use the bit right under the faucet but the rest I don't think has ever had water touch it. I could understand if the water came down on the other side and flowed down the ramp, but it's directly above the drain. Oh and the whole thing is polished concrete with rougher exposed aggregate on the outside so impossible to fully clean. Already like a year later the sink is staining and aging totally differently with the tiny area that gets wet being a different colour than the rest of the sink that remains bone dry.

What is the point of this design?? Why did someone think it was a good use of nearly the entire counter??

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If my bathroom looked out onto the street I'd probably have frosted glass, at least the bottom half.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pixelante posted:

I'm the only person I know paying less than $1k for a one-bedroom in Victoria. I'll move when they tear this building down around me.

That might come sooner than you think. Tons of people getting renovicted on affordable units here.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh cool a functional tasteful bathroom reno where the top stringer on an engineered beam was not cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The only time I enjoyed a wet room was when staying in an extremely hot humid country. You don't mind the wet floor because it's never cold, it's always sort of soothing. You go in there and dump buckets of tap-water temperature "cold" over you and it's refreshing and good.

But most of us don't live in a tropical developing country with rare AC, outside of that you might as well just have a big shower? I mean really what's the difference between a wet room and a large shower?

• Locked thread