Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The thing that pisses me off so bad is that you have enough disposable income to completely gently caress up your bathroom and then act like it's no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

You should message me if:

You don't care about what bathtub I have and can overlook some slightly moldy rocks when you get out of the tub.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

FoldableHuman posted:

Here's the one I found that was most complete, trying to reconstruct/summarize the zipline thread after the OP started deleting posts.

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85204

For those curious about the basement pool

Original thread (archives) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346097

So uh... how are you going to get that fucker drained?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Cru Jones posted:

OP here's my bathroom, can I get a swoon factor evaluation?

So do you just open the cabinet under the tub to let it drain or just let the wood soak up all the water?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

FogHelmut posted:

Please advise

Dude you said you wouldn't post pics of my apartment!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's achingly obvious that I live in squalor because I have one toilet and shower/tub combo in about a 10'x6' bathroom. Whatever it's a low rent bachelor pad with TWO STORIES in half a duplex.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I dunno my takeaway from the thread is that you need a lavish bathroom to have a chance with women.

Real talk though I don't mind having a small bathroom.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

SoundMonkey posted:

:siren: mod bathroom leak :siren:

(although not an actual leak unlike OP's shitter)

yeah gently caress your little cubbyholes in the wall. and this poo poo's very gently angled towards the shower so it doesn't collect water and become a mushroom farm.

Brushing your teeth in the shower? Crazy talk. I guess I'll post my bathroom when I get home tonight.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

FogHelmut posted:

This is my actual hobbit-grade master bathroom. You have to stand behind the toilet to close the door. I don't use the shower because it has a cracked floor pan. The sink is in the carpeted room to the right.

This house has three full baths, why is the first floor bathroom the biggest?

I remember in architecture class that you had to have a certain amount of clearance on each side of a toilet or it's not to code.

I say architecture class, but I really mean the CAD class I took in high school as an elective.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

CerealCrunch posted:

A nice bathroom is not going to impress women that much. If a woman says they like it in the shitter, it means something different.

Good Goon wisdom right there.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Drape Culture posted:

Your tub can't fall through the floor if you pre-sink it.

I would drunk fall into that.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

HycoCam posted:

Hoists where the popular method before walk-in tubs figured out the water-tight door.

http://homeability.com/wall-floor-ceiling-mounted-bath-lift-guide/

fe: whoosh

-Rhonda Bonecutter

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can somebody please put a Muhajadeen fighter in that tub-pit for my edification?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Do you put your shower curtains inside or outside of the shower?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Best practice is to have two, a clear plastic liner that goes inside the tub, and a decorative one on the outside that catches any leaks or splashes

See this is the stuff I should know. I don't know how I function as an adult.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The bottom of my tub is stained from the previous tenants and I don't know what I can do to clean it.

God I'd post pictures of my bathroom but I'm self conscious.

Tubchat itt.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Thanks guys. I figured out the ventilation bit the hard way when I was Cloroxing the floor last week. It's a wonder I don't get myself killed.

I've been living by myself for like 4 years but I've recently decided to quit being a shitlord and actually maintain a clean house.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The Gardenator posted:

Some old tubs won't get clean without Ajax and a rough sponge on a plastic D handle. Really lean onto that D handle. Should not be a problem since we are all 300lbs.

What if I'm skinny-fat? :colbert:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

SoundMonkey posted:

when i moved to a smaller town i ended up paying the exact same rent for a 2-storey house on a quarter acre than i was paying for a 1-bedroom apartment in the lower mainland

That's kind of the nice thing about living in the Southeast for me. I pay like $600 a month for one half of a 2 story duplex and it's like I'm living in affluence. I went from one 12'x12' bedroom to have TWO FLOORS WITH TWO BEDROOMS.

Cons: About a half mile down the road the neighborhood is super sketch, but if you go another half mile the opposite way there's a gated community.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

silicone thrills posted:

So as a FEMALE who did a full DIY gut job on my bathroom and designed it - here's an album of what I did.

http://imgur.com/a/sshEl

I didn't have nearly as much space as you to work with and unfortunately there are zero windows so no natural light. I did every thing I could however to make it as bright and open feeling as possible.

Also if you don't install a bidet you are missing out. Ladies - Bidets are so loving awesome for getting fresh post sexy times. If you want to be the guy who fucks - get a bidet.

Also I've been in Drape's amazing tiny blue tile sunken bath tub during a party. That poo poo is hilarious. I feel like it should be preserved like a museum piece for crazy poo poo people did during the 60s.

drat that is on point. Especially the liquor glass pre bubble bath.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Does that insulation also have asbestos in it to really put the cherry on top?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Whatever happened to just using the term "ladies" to describe women?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Bad Munki posted:

Whatever happened to just using the term "dames" to describe women?

I think that died along with the usage of "Twenty Three Skidoo!".

I just use the term "hey maaaaaan" in any interaction, no matter the gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's the house a lesbian built; all tongue and groove with not a stud to be found.

(For best results, read in a Canadian accent)

• Locked thread