Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It's a fun mental structural engineering exercise to think of something to repair the flange without ripping up too much more flooring. Thinking a 1.5-ft-long metal sleeve between a replacement flange and the existing flange edges, some webbing and some sort of wood to reinforce the webbing like a sister joint. Would require really tight tolerances. Good epoxy on some strong wood would transfer forces to the remaining webbing pretty effectively, and an over-engineered metal joint would be stronger than continuous wood.

My practical solution here would be replacing the joint and getting nice new tiling. Definitely do not try the above solution and if you do, please post the aftermath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

deratomicdog posted:

I am just upset he tore up a bathroom that is way better than my bathroom.

*was

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

brugroffil posted:

I'm assuming he just spliced on a pig tail to plug it in to test out the lighting and that the mirror lights will be hardwired in an appropriately rated electrical box during the final installation.

bEatmstrJ posted:

This is exactly correct. Thank you for being a sane person and not piling on the thread poo poo train.

brugroffil posted:

You're still a dope for slicing up the structural integrity of your house lol

-A licensed engineer

bEatmstrJ posted:

You're the kind of engineer I don't want to hire. But feel free to prove me wrong and actually be helpful at some point.

- An ambitious DIYer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

• Locked thread