Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bEatmstrJ posted:

Yeah. I'll probably post more forward looking stuff just to get some opinions, but there is only one other structural modification I'll be making but that won't be for a while and it's probably not quite as major as this, so there's not likely to be any other major holdups.

What's the popcorn smiley again?

Seriously dude.....you are in over your head. Lots of people do perfectly well at DIY remodels and know where they hit a reasonable limitation. But you don't have that. You blew through multiple structural members and thought there was nothing wrong with that. In fact I'm still not convinced you even understand the scope of what you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

Dude, dude. That's Complete Bathroom Overhaul- New Beginnings

Complete Bathroom Overhaul: Don't Leave for Tomorrow What Can Be Done Bidet

Motronic fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 9, 2017

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Snak posted:

Doesn't that make the requirement even dumber then? What's the point of mandating that one light gets turned off with a vacancy sensor if the end result is that people who want to work around it will just install more lights?

Just the tip......

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I don't think the radiant heating is going to keep the shower rain water warm.

Coolness Averted posted:

it's for loving, not washing

Cold walls suck, this fixes the problem.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bEatmstrJ posted:

I don't think there is enough slack

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tyco-Electronics-Romex-Splice-Kit-2-Wire-1-Clam-CPGI-1116377-2/202204326

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Snak posted:

Eventually it will stop working, because stainless is a bitch to keep clean.

So if the go-to material for commercial kitchens and sterile medical applications is "a bitch to keep clean" could you please let me know what material should be used?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Commercial kitchens and hospitals are aggressively cleaned by teams of people multiple times a day. How big is your cleaning team and how many hours a week do they work?

2, maybe 3 if you count the older kid, and very little, as a home kitchen doesn't need to be hospital sterile nor sees the usage and corresponding daily trashing of a commercial kitchen.

I'm trying to think of something easier to clean than smooth metal that doesn't rust, is stained by only a few things, damaged by even less that one would find in a typical kitchen and is non porous.

Are you saying that you know what this other magical material is too? I must be really out of the loop.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

I'll refrain from derailing the thread any further (because that was my first mistake), but other than that I've done nothing but post two pictures he hosted himself and linked to his website. As far as I can tell, that's hardly touching the poop.

You're trying to pick the poop up by the clean end. For all our sakes, please stop it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

barbecue at the folks posted:

Many commercial cleaning solutions (if not most) contain chemicals that are harmful to the environment.

What is "missing" from most home cleaners now is TSP. That's why they all kinda suck compares to a couple decades ago.

And you can buy it. Just don't use it willy nilly because it really is bad for the environment, but when you need to clean the poo poo out of something this is usually the thing you want. You'll find it in paint stores/the paint aisles of a big box store because it's to go-to for cleaning surfaces before repainting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

If it makes you feel any better, occasional household use is insignificant compared to agricultural runoff.

I get that, I just try not to add any more than I need to.

Me and my neighbors also have wells and septic, so I don't like this poo poo going down the drain locally.

• Locked thread