Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Is that.... is that Princess Leia?

When you're bourgeois enough for a suspended bathtub, there's no way you're going in there without your gold bangles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

stupid puma posted:

But, they're replaceable.

The energy efficient low-flow chicks that code dictates are hardly worth it.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
I just have boring poo poo. Like a sink, and a tub that's nice and deep and make out of plastic(?) and easy to clean. And a window. And tile floors that cover the whole floor. And a closet.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah my bathroom is probably even smaller. Most everyone I know lives in a tiny cramped apartment so these huge 10x10 + sized bathrooms feel cavernous to me. Personally even if I was filthy rich I'd like my bathrooms more on the cozy side of things. The few times I've used huge bathrooms I've not liked them because the room never really gets steamy enough.

Same. I'm not a fan of big expanses of unused space in the middle of pretty much any room. It's feel like a waste to me.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Psh would you all take a look at Megabound's enormous bathroom, it even has enough space for a little table.

(I wish my bathroom had enough room for a little table :( )

Everyone should aspire to have an eat-in bathroom.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Snak posted:

Yes, but also the dumbest way to die.

Drape Culture posted:

Your tub can't fall through the floor if you pre-sink it.

You two can argue about that one.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Speaking of lovely bathrooms, my parents' condo basement bathroom has a slanted floor. Not on purpose. Somehow, the concrete didn't find its level and the pipe for the toilet sticks up ridiculously high. To compensate, the builders filled the gap with a good solid inch of caulk. It's the worst toilet, can't even flush its own water sometimes, but my parents can't replace the loving thing because they'd have to chisel it out, take out everything in the bathroom, and have someone come in and level the concrete. They're Crazy Contractor People (the inside of their condo is unrecognizable from what it was 17 years ago; people in the association find excuses to invite themselves over to get reno ideas), but even that is a bridge too far.

Still better than the last house I lived in, which was built by a rapist with Hep C who liked to poo poo in every toilet and not flush.

My parents rented a house while theirs was getting rebuilt after hurricane Sandy. This house had one corner sink a small amount. Somehow it didn't cause much in the way of cracking; maybe it was actually built off level. But there was just a subtle wrongness to the entire place. When I got up in the middle of the night to take a leak, I ended up hurtling towards the corner of the room when I tried to walk. Not fun, 0/10, would not recommend.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Porcelain is a dream to clean compared to the cheap plastic tubs you get in so many modern apartments these days. Anything you can clean your teeth with you can clean porcelain with, so if you have a stubborn stain try some plain white toothpaste. For general grunginess you can get a lot done with some white vinegar and baking soda. The volcano method!

I can second the volcano method. It's great for getting stains out of tough surfaces. White vinegar by itself is also good if you have a rainbow sheen in the bottom of any pots or pans.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

I'm sure the OP is still lurking here, and even though we're busting his balls, I'm sure that most of us, myself included hope that he gets poo poo worked out properly.

Don't take this personally OP but I had a flash of inspiration after work last night, when I was showering in my (builder grade) bathroom.

Here is my latest creation, which I call "The Sounds of Building Science".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgbBLKet14E
*Lyrics*

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Broads.

(My wife once got a flag from her online self-review work thingy because she said she had a "broad range of skills")

• Locked thread