Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

You're moving the goalposts. Nobody was talking about sterility until you. Stainless is hard to keep visually clean. Stainless in commercial kitchens and hospitals looks clean because they need it to be sterile. And you're being a smug rear end in a top hat so no, I will not help you google things. Enjoy living in Fort Fingerprints.

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I see you're new to the D&D title scene.

Killer catchphrase, goonsir. Does microwave's mom climb the stairs in your house to serve you a glass of mangosteen while you sit at your ppppowerbook?

You realize you guys are circling the wagons to defend this guy's right to spend every waking moment wiping water spots off his kitchen walls, right?

nah friend, you just come off as insufferably smug about your outright disdain for basically what is a lot of normal kitchens (including mine) that really arent a 12 man crew to clean. just really, you want to die on stainless steel hill?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FogHelmut posted:

This is my IRL kitchen sink

why do you refer to your family as employees.. :capitalism: a step too far friend.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bEatmstrJ posted:

Im fairly certain uncompromised floor joists could not handle the awesomeness of a tub full of mercury.

fortunately they are ALREADY compromised :aaaaa:

Plan mercury is go!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Oooh, will this thread now cross over with the FOOF thread, too? :allears:

in that case can we just skip to fluorine?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bEatmstrJ posted:

Perhaps I needed an emphasis on "uncompromised". As in, i'm fairly certain if I HAD UNcompromised joists, they STILL could not handle a tub full of loving heavy as poo poo mercury.

Apparently inflection is lost in posting.

to be perfectly truthful I was being hyperbolic.. now fluorine on the other hand, light as a feather it would be like bathing in A very pale yellow-green, dangerously reactive gas. It is the most reactive of all the elements and quickly attacks all metals. Steel wool bursts into flames when exposed to fluorine.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
*please do not orgasm in or around the bathtub rock moat*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Look Sir Droids posted:

You don't know many women, do you?

this guy is clearly an experienced wooer stormtrooper person.

this is after a a palace to and about :wiggle: if you get my subtle implication

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can we do a bit of waterfall, and maybe a nice big parrot?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
tesla coils?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I'm a woman and while I don't speak for all women, nothing about that bathroom suits the way I'd want to use the space even ignoring the aesthetic side of things.

I like as much natural light as possible for putting on my makeup, and just waking myself up in the morning, and you boarded up a window. The dark gray stone and red paint are also going to soak up all the artificial light and make the bathroom dank and cave-like, so hard to see what I'm doing.

The tub is awkwardly-placed and has nowhere but that tiny notch in the wall to store soaps, oils, grooming tools, or the book, wine, and music player I'd need to have a properly girly soak.

The shower is cavernous, and thus would be freezing unless you had both showerheads going, there's again nowhere to store anything, and like a lot of women I prefer a removable showerhead so I can clean my body without getting my hair wet, because drying and setting it is a pain in the rear end I like to save for shampoo days. You've got a sort of bench thing I think that might be workable for shaving your legs on, but it forces you to stand in the path of the shower, meaning your shaving soap is going to constantly rinse off while you're working, not to mention your hair's getting wet again.

The sinks, again, no storage space, no clear flat workspace for laying out hot tools, makeup, and cosmetics. If that low part in between is meant to be the vanity, it's cramped and has no mirror, no lighting, and only one electrical socket, which is frequently not enough when I've got a blow-dryer going, a flat iron heating up, and I want to charge my phone.

I don't see anywhere to store towels or robes either.

Some girls are definitely a lot more wash-and-go than I am, but the fact that you're thinking of wooing a woman with a luxury bathroom makeover in the first place means you probably go for a traditional type of girl. Traditional girls tend to need bathroom storage and a place to plug in their hot rollers.

see now thats some constructive rear end poo poo right there. Thank you.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
OP at least do those nice big round bulbs all around the mirrors so you can blind god when they turn on those lights to do makeup, make sure the bulbs are color corrected for maximum ladycool points, i cant stand that much light but the ladies seem to like that in my horrible builder grade bathroom squallorpit

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Oof. I am straining sooooo haaardddd to play good cop here, but anybody who's seen any of my colorful red titles from D&D knows how I feel about your sexism. And what I get in return? A hobbyist vandal condescending to me about shower sizes.

Your notches suck. poo poo's going to fall out of them. A lot of toiletries come in odd-shaped or oddly-balanced containers and when women choose bathroom storage they tend to choose something with a retaining rim to keep everything from falling out. If you ever do land a woman the first thing she'll do is ugly up your "modern design" with some aftermarket shower storage, because the only option you've built in is some dumb notches that will gather water and grime and rain shampoo bottles onto the tile anytime one of you so much as breathes.

You're building a custom bathroom to deleterious expense and your shower storage solution is "leave poo poo scattered on the benches if you want." How modern, how minimal.

you were doing so well too :smithfrog: but yeah you are right for sure about shower storage and those aftermarket showerhead storage things suck.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
op, own it and move on, so we can continue conjecturing about what toxic materials to add to your bathroom.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
see now thats why its educate not excoriate right off the bat friends. :smithfrog:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sorry about the unfair role I played in our home-buying process, dear.

I think I prefer you fully engaged as opposed to evil passive agressive

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Snoo posted:

my ideal bathroom would include a squatty potty tbqh

arent those just like plastic things you can buy or like a real "I poop in a 2" hole" indian style jobbie?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you think late 30s really?

I got the impression of younger but :shrug:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

friend. really?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SoundMonkey posted:

i'd be pissed off about this except when you decide to self-host your images for reasons i can't even begin to imagine, on your personal/business site, that's gonna happen

fair enough

e: but in retrospect that aint an invitation to just out this dude publicly..like the first time.. he just continues to make bad choices.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 3, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

El Estrago Bonito posted:

And I mean, it's not like his site/DJ career isn't literally under his SA username.

goddamn newb dont share usernames with the horrible dead gay comedy site

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pfft, no one is immune to doxxing.

Hey everyone, check out Professor Puppytime. Looks like a real big liberal arts pro jerk boy. He's all "Check out my equations for the perfect milkbone."

i kinda want to rub him and give him treats or is that not normal?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh dude stepped in the poo poo when he didnt just own up to saying dumb poo poo about the ladies. mr picturedude was just tryng to make a joke in a lovely unfunny detective-y way, like dude say some funny poo poo dont go investigate people ya weirdo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Burt Sexual posted:

Sucks an idiot scared away op with all that non doxing, now y'all can have a group jo session about him alone.

wasnt that friend, the ladies being forceful with foul vaginamancy is what this guy couldnt handle

twas beauty that killed the sales manager er engineer.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 3, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
DIY & Hobbies > Complete bathroom overhaul - My Sex palace is nosex?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
loving poo poo I went and missed out on OP quintupling down on being a dumbass

yo friend, you made a stupid rear end mistake which prompted all this but holy crap you really cant handle the wrath of the internet, considering this was at best a 6 out of 10 on the goonpile scale

I believed in you :smithfrog:

but seriously what the gently caress is with your :females: thing?

go make platonic friends with some ladies without ulterior motives you loving weirdo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

silicone thrills posted:

So as a FEMALE who did a full DIY gut job on my bathroom and designed it - here's an album of what I did.

http://imgur.com/a/sshEl

I didn't have nearly as much space as you to work with and unfortunately there are zero windows so no natural light. I did every thing I could however to make it as bright and open feeling as possible.

Also if you don't install a bidet you are missing out. Ladies - Bidets are so loving awesome for getting fresh post sexy times. If you want to be the guy who fucks - get a bidet.

Also I've been in Drape's amazing tiny blue tile sunken bath tub during a party. That poo poo is hilarious. I feel like it should be preserved like a museum piece for crazy poo poo people did during the 60s.

that bathroom looks great.

loving hell. OP. way to be Mr notlistentotheladiesnofunman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Been quite the ride for DIY.

I for one suggest someone start a home project they are sorely unqualified for but have a huge sense of self confidence about their vision.

• Locked thread