Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
This is more like a doctor saying "well, you didn't come in six weeks ago when you started having crushing chest pain, and now part of your heart is dead so you're gonna need to start major treatments for heart failure and adjust your lifestyle to the limitations of having only half a functioning left ventricle."

This happens all the goddamn time in medicine and many pts respond the exact same way: "Well why can't you give me CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and offer SOLUTIONS instead of telling me I hosed up?" Fact is, once you've hosed up, all the easy solutions are too late. Your bathroom has heart failure and everyone is telling you you're gonna need a professional and some major floor joist replacements. The easy solutions that would have helped before can't help you now. It sucks, but that's how it is.

Now, when our pts go home with a hosed-up heart and a list of medications they need to survive, but they blow us off and refuse to take the meds and try to patch up their dead heart chunks by changing their diet and taking herbal supplements, we inevitably see them again. And yes, we do make fun of them. We still try to save them, but we fully acknowledge that they have progressed from "terrible mistake" to "dumb motherfucker" and start placing bets on how often they'll be back with their lungs full of backed-up blood.

Which is to say: I'm a nurse and it took me forever to figure out what was wrong with those joists just looking at your picture. No shame in ignorance. Maybe there's some shame in the hubris of thinking you could figure it out as you go, but eh, you're informed now, no worries. From here, though, you can't plead ignorance, and if you write off everyone in the thread as a douchebag and gently caress up your house by failing to get the help you need, you will absolutely deserve mockery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
This thread is filled with glory

elise the great
May 1, 2012

That's ridiculous-- are we supposed to refer to cis men as "males" too now, or is it only women who need their genitals alluded to in everyday conversation?

Cut the joists out of the world and let the bathtubs fall.

• Locked thread