Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yo these guys are lying to you, Joists are a part of the corporate lobby to charge you extra money. You just have to make sure that your floor is properly stress tested, what I'd do is just math the thing out.

Like a bathtub ways between 250 - 500 pounds, and holds about 30 - 50 gallons of water, so that's about 800 pounds, then you add a goon, and you've got 1,100 - 1,200 lbs

So look at your floor, those tiny pieces of wood, and throw some plywood over it, because plywood is created with 200+ PSI of pressure which is a pressure measurement that's about 1lb of pressure per inch. This is great for you, as long as you have enough plywood, you'll never fall through your floor, just don't break the 200 PSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean what exactly are you disagreeing with that people are saying?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I legit want to know why he was going to sink the tub, please inquiring minds want to know.

• Locked thread