Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The first warning sign should've been when he couldn't even remove the cabinet to give to the craigslist guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIDL0R0mQfo

socketwrencher posted:

bEatmstrJ posted:

That being said, my last home had an extensive bathroom remodel without any permits and there were no issues when it was sold.

You might consider rethinking your takeaway from this anecdote.

Holy poo poo :grovertoot:

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Snak posted:

It's the same concept as putting a fuller in the blade of a sword. You are making a blade that is stronger for its finished weight than a blade without a fuller.

Since I'm familiar with that, I'm surprised I didn't think about how I-beams work sooner.

How do swords work? What is a fuller?

edit: i tried putting a lame wrong type of ram joke here

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:hfive: Same thing I thought

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

My predatory former roommate/landlady let her dad be the general contractor on her house, which is a Crappy Construction Tale in its own right, but his brilliant plan was to put motion sensor -- not vacancy sensor -- switches in every bathroom, the laundry room, and the kitchen. Nothing like getting your retinas seared when you get up to take a 3am piss. Or having the kitchen look like a slo-mo rave when the pets are active at night.

The worst part was that he moved the ensuite bathrooms in both rental bedrooms from one side of the house to the other (tl;not relevant), but didn't want to bother running new ventilation, so he left the tops of the walls open between the top of the door frame and the vaulted ceilings. It looked fairly cool, I'll admit, and gave the bathrooms some much needed natural light.

It also meant if a dust mote bigger than a flea's turd floated past the sensor in the middle of the night, the loving lights would come on and illuminate the whole loving bedroom.

The rent was cheap by normal standards, never mind Portland standards, so I stayed there way longer than I should have. Mistakes were made, but my savings account is okay with it.

Oh gently caress my old job had those motion sensor lights in the break room, on about a 1 second timer. So as people walked in and out to clock in/out or grab their snacks the lights would be flipping on/off every few seconds. It was so stupid and I'm sure it burned the lights out quickly.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

and that's why you'll only take my awesome - and now irreplaceable - showerhead from my cold dead hands. how's a girl supposed to enjoy herself with only 2 gpm?

[ASK] me about trying to get illegal plumbing supplies shipped across state lines

https://youtu.be/vMITcQUe-9M

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Effective-Disorder posted:

"gently caress your shower."
-The California Raisins

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/

I had that piggy bank :cool:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I lived with a boyfriend in his parents house in Ohio. They were fairly wealthy and had a giant mansion-like house, and one room that was roped- off, that his crazy mother rarely let anyone allow to walk inside. She called it her princess room, and it was basically a shrine to Princess Diana. White carpet, fancy velvet couch, hundreds of Diana portraits in golden frames, dolls that looked like Diana (so many dolls), Diana memorabilia, magazine covers, books, etc etc. But best of all, a gigantic clear glass grand piano with a gigantic picture of Princess Diana's face on the top of it, with the word "FOREVER". I'll never forget that room, i'll never forget how horrible his mother was, and i'll never forget peeing in the middle of her perfectly white carpet in that creepy room before I moved away forever.

Was that how you :sever:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SoundMonkey posted:

sorry there's no way to check someone's birthday on the forum, they removed it after all of yospos set theirs to 4/20 and the birthday greeting system crashed one year ago today

i mean of course that didn't happen but it's shockingly plausible

If that was going to crash the forum it would've happened a decade ago

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Or maybe that's his leftover after expenses

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bEatmstrJ posted:

Man, tough crowd. I didn't know you guys hated rocks so much.

I studied geology, rocks rule. What kind of rocks are you gonna use? Plz dont say granite, go with something a little more unique. Olivine?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Stitecin posted:

Fake geologist spotted. No rock nerd would miss this opportunity to suggest Cummingtonite.

Or did I miss a joke about how Olivine is thought to be the most abundant mineral in Earth’s mantle at shallower depths? Or how easily weathered it is? I only took a couple of geology courses, but do youself a favor OP and consider Arsenopyrite. It sparkles like gold.

No, I just like the color. I got to go to the green sand beach on Hawaii :)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bad Munki posted:

Maybe you're content with a builder-grade money floor, but OP wants something better. Wall to wall Sacagawea dollars.

We gotta save some money somewhere: buffalo nickels, dude

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

WrenP-Complete posted:

A bathtub with different flooring around it... that is also in a hallway?

:eyepop:

Looks like MEAT's back on the menu

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

notable "building" threads
* Groverhaus
* The dude who bought some land in Hawaii and convinced some dumbasses to come out and build goontopia for him (for free, of course)
* The goons who bought land smack in the middle of the Texas desert and were going to live off the grid (I think this was a goon project)

naturally, all three were hilarious failures

Was the buttcoiner with a pizza oven in his uneven-floor garage a goon too?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Bloop posted:

Nonsense. I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

Show us your hobbit houses

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Oh my god his rap sheet. Click immediately. Hahaha

That's the reason for the bathroom remodel, he's introducing chaos, and mold, for cthulhu to nest

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Cthulhu house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Howdy pardner

• Locked thread