Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bEatmstrJ posted:

I call myself a DIY expert on LinkedIn

:laffo:

"I'm what the kids call an expert at DIY."

*fucks up floor*

*yells at engineers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

I did the opposite. My whole bathroom is stainless steel. Walls, floor, ceiling - all stainless, all seam welded. When it comes time to clean, I seal up the room as the entrance door is military surplus off of a submarine. I set the wash cycle, and the open shower design allows a high pressure, high temperature spray to reach all corners of the room. Bleach is pumped in through the plumbing, and when it's finished, it all drains through my Asian floor toilet.

Avatar/post combo finally achieved for this thread.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

got any sevens posted:

Was the buttcoiner with a pizza oven in his uneven-floor garage a goon too?

I thought there was a goon who suffered brain damage because he set up a lovely mining server room and fell asleep in it while it overheated.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This has gone in a glorious direction for something that started with a bathtub.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FoldableHuman posted:

That's so nice. Also ❤️ the story of grandpa helping build the houses in the neighbourhood.

That's how my house got built in 1979. My grandpa built it so he could live in it, the first house in the first neighborhood in this area.

It's expanded rapidly since then, to the point where a stretch of restaurants and businesses was a dirt road back when my house was new. As recently as 1994, according to Google Earth historical imagery, some of the major shopping and dining centers were plain dirt. Both places I've worked at were fields and forests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HycoCam posted:

If the OP is still lurking. If you have to tear up the bathroom floor to fix your beams--sound proof the floor/fill those cavities with insulation.

He'll probably take that to mean "replace cavities with aquariums".

• Locked thread