Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Are you a qualified electrician? Did you get your electrical work inspected before you sealed it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Did you install a vapor barrier between the various electrical components and the drywall? Might be wise fyi.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is your bed countersunk?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Wait, I skimmed past the renders... He's putting in a wall?

Taking an open bathroom and adding a wall.

He's going to make the next homeowners pay for it.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bEatmstrJ posted:

Well with KS gone (hopefully longer than a day) I can tell you that I don't miss him.

I'm going to take the advice of some and not post for a while until I have something meaningful to post. I have contacted over 10 different contractors and as of yet not a single one has come over. And to that note, not a single one has called me an idiot or said it couldn't be fixed when I told them I cut my beams. So between my job and finding a contractor, things are going to be slow for a while.

On a side topic, I'm really not a private person. I'm fully aware of what can be found out about me on the google. So if you need to know details of my private life, like the concern for the safety of my non-existent wife and kids or the number of bedrooms in my house (5) just ask. Don't be creepy.

Also, i'm enjoying the speculation about what my bathtub pit is for so I'm not going to ruin it. Continue talking amongst yourselves.

For all the poo poo we've given you, I'm glad you haven't opted out of the thread. We just want you to do the right thing, honest!

Looking forward to further updates.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

The wrens on our patio have started some additions to their nest, but they haven't been sleeping there for some reason. I think maybe Mr. Wren (Gus, his wife is Gwen) accidentally cut off the tops of some structural twigs, so now they have to find an engineer who will sign off on it :/

Gwen, more like Gwren

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bEatmstrJ posted:

There's a good chance I would have not compromised my floor joists knowing what I know now. But the damage has been done and the cost to fix it is essentially the same as it is to continue with my original plan. I may not use my tub much, but I also don't remodel things as a bachelor. My closet was designed with a woman in mind, despite not being married. Likewise, my bathroom is designed with a woman in mind. It will have a powder room that will be completely useless to me, but is the kind of thing a woman would look at and say, OMG I want this. In the same vein, if a woman sees a nice inviting looking bathtub they are going to swoon. And since woman play an unfair role in the home-buying process, a woman who falls in love with my bathroom is going to help me sell my home (someday). You may not like the design, but I assure the finished product will exceed your expectations.

Please, do go on :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY & Hobbies > Complete bathroom overhaul - a sad, builder-grade sack of tears

ftfy

• Locked thread