Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

bEatmstrJ posted:

I've purposely neglected to mention WHY i'm doing this, but it will be made apparent soon enough.

"But once you recognize the secret reason for cutting the floor joists, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds." :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

RizieN posted:

How 'handy' are you in general? One of the first projects I want to tackle as far as remodeling the house I'm trying to buy is the Master Bath. It's so...plain, and there's tons of un-used space. I'd like to do it all myself if it'd save money, but some stuff I know I'll need to contract out, I'm great with computers and photoshop and video and design etc...but actually building, I'm not too sure about yet.

bEatmstrJ posted:

I consider myself pretty handy and don't fear many projects. However unless I know all the steps involved i'd rather not try to tackle it. I know this was gonna be a big project with a lot of steps and there were aspects of this project I would not have known going into it such as redoing/relocating drains, hot mopping the shower pan, replacing the drywall with wonderboard, soldering in a new shower head. The tile work I was iffy about too, but after seeing it, tiling is pretty easy, its just really slow. But even paying someone else to do a lot of it, the whole thing was under 10k. Though I found a guy that works really cheap and it was unlicensed, so there was that.

Goddamn son, you should listen to yourself from 6 years ago because that guy seems like less of a fuckup to be honest. Your smug attitude is pretty loving hilarious though so maybe just keep going with this trainwreck.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Beast of Bourbon posted:

He took an online course and self-certified his own work

Look, he's got money and can fix this stuff later and learn from the experience ok? Like if his wife or child are electrocuted to death, he can just buy new ones and warn them to be careful in his cool bathroom.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

kid sinister posted:

I found your LinkedIn page. "Self-taught DIY expert." :lol:

If your potential employers don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

• Locked thread