Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nDQxb5yMEI

The glitching is kinda freaky, I've disassembled it and soaked the logic board in electronics cleaner, if it still doesn't work I'll go over it with a soldering iron and reflow the main chips but other than that I'm not sure what could be wrong

It has a MC6847 gpu and I think the vram is mostly OK, as far as I can tell the z80 CPU is stalled since it's normally supposed to beep when you press keys. I wish I had a logic analyzer or at least an oscilloscope to look for signs of life :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

mostly ok?

why mostly?

I mean maybe you're right about the cpu being stalled but i don't know how you're ruling out a dorked framebuffer given what's on the screen

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My thinking is that the graphics chip is able to read video memory, at least partially since it is able to produce these garbled but stable displays

I replaced a couple capacitors and now it's trying to communicate

All the information I've found online complains about how hilariously cheaply made these things are, there's bodge wires going all over the place inside it

:lol: at this forum http://www.vz200.org/forum/index.php

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 15, 2017

pram
Jun 10, 2001
pity bump

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

op's computer is hosed, mate

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

Give up and buy a mac

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

nine inch monitor - pretty h8 machine

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

I wish I had a logic analyzer or at least an oscilloscope to look for signs of life :(

time to buy a scope!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Killer Low Life posted:

Give up and buy a mac

i've had the same problem with macs too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flakeloaf posted:

nine inch monitor - pretty h8 machine

nice

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gazpacho posted:

THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

did you try turning it off and then turni

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Killer Low Life posted:

Give up and buy a mac

OK I bought a Mac, now what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2fPlit5Uc

I still think I need that scope

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
take it to the firing range

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
get rid of all your computers and never look back

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Dongslayer. posted:

take it to the firing range

I would never! :smith:

Computers are our friends, we should help them when they're not feeling well!

Fatal Error posted:

get rid of all your computers and never look back

This sounds tempting though, my computer janitor job is getting outsourced to Bulgaria anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
friendship is a relationship between equals. a computer is not your friend. you are its Lord and God.

• Locked thread