Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mega64 posted:

I hope they stream the wedding like that other couple did (at least I hope it was only the one couple that live-streamed their wedding).

Wait what? I remember the awkward as poo poo Twitch date, but this one's new to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mega64 posted:

So if I watch the loud inept man fumble around incompetently at video games more, I can encourage him to get married to a woman who clearly has no sense.

No, you have to give him money. Simply watching won't save his business. :v:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait what? I remember the awkward as poo poo Twitch date, but this one's new to me.

If you think that's something, wait til you hear about the dude who live-streamed his funeral on Twitch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Jamesman posted:

If you think that's something, wait til you hear about the dude who live-streamed his funeral on Twitch.

Speaking of funeral streams, Chibi's Iwata funeral stream is a classic, particularly the part where he sings.

I'll see if I can find the wedding one tomorrow if no one else posts it first.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I hope they stream the wedding like that other couple did (at least I hope it was only the one couple that live-streamed their wedding).

Not even close. People are just replacing the dude with a video camera filming the wedding, with a tripod setup to stream. Don't know how many there are, but I've heard of a few, so it could be quite a bit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm really, really hoping Phil actually did it cause he wants a relationship with Leanna and not because she was wearing a fake engagement ring around and he was getting embarrassed from it.

Though honestly, it is a bit depressing that he is now putting it all on you, his viewers, to keep him afloat for the two of them actually get married.

ChaosArgate posted:

I think thats the gaijin goomba guy. AKA...

This guy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And speaking of DSP and internet washouts, I guess The Spoonyone has reached it big with getting a This Is How You Don't Play of his Alien stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQeJWrTnmbc

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SpoonyOne had a really good stream of SWAT4 but I was always too young to get his "Deal" like what did he DO? It wasn't just let's plays that's for sure, it's like he wanted to be a rifftrax guy, but without any other people to voice the puppets. It was really sad.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

SpoonyOne had a really good stream of SWAT4 but I was always too young to get his "Deal" like what did he DO? It wasn't just let's plays that's for sure, it's like he wanted to be a rifftrax guy, but without any other people to voice the puppets. It was really sad.

He did a lot of "reviews" in that Channel Awesome style. Before he started slipping he was usually one of the better entertainers using that style, if my memory isn't too rosy.

He went downhill after a series of stuff and now he mostly just collects patreon money. I follow the Internet Critic thread and this is Alien Isolation playthrough is the first thing I've heard about him in months.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Yeah, guy was one of the first "internet critic" types before youtube really was a thing even, but he has a lot of health and psychological issues.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Is DSP one of the Insane Clown Posse guys? I think he's one of them.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Said Patreon money that he is collecting has dropped significantly since he hasn't done any sort of actual content in years. how about that!

It's a shame that he basically stopped because he was finally getting good with his Counter Monkey stories and whenever he needed to look for something specific in a book, he was actually bookmarking it! and using editing to show pictures and passages and poo poo. Used to be the video would screech to a halt as he looked for 3+ minutes for one little bit of info.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gimbal lock posted:

Is DSP one of the Insane Clown Posse guys? I think he's one of them.

Please, don't denigrate the ICP crew.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Speaking of funeral streams, Chibi's Iwata funeral stream is a classic, particularly the part where he sings.

This video changed my life.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Mega64 posted:

:master:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79HxnWIuNY

Wow, LP-Bot technology has really improved since SGF used it

And gotten a lot more uncanny valley and anime

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What in the blue gently caress.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Klaus88 posted:

What in the blue gently caress.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I personally think it's hilarious. Better than Pewd's screaming, at least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The only possible explanation I've got is that facerig lost its luster and people just aren't interested in pretending to be hamburgers or dogs in bowls anymore.

I'm all for this though, because it's producing great material as a meme already.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Virtual Singers already exist I guess it was only a matter of time before virtual content creators were a thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That's a brilliant channel idea. I'm only pissed I didn't think of it myself.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I like this. This is good.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Let's Play Super Mario RPG on a real TV and SNES

Welcome to the future of LP's: Retro style.

I thought it was a joke, but then he has 11 videos of it so far....which is a long time to carry a joke.

Oh, also, analog TV bitches.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BMS posted:

Let's Play Super Mario RPG on a real TV and SNES

Welcome to the future of LP's: Retro style.

I thought it was a joke, but then he has 11 videos of it so far....which is a long time to carry a joke.

Oh, also, analog TV bitches.

What kind of tv is that? Is it like a plasma or an led tv?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVwSY_UsctM

So Phil talking about his Machinima contract. Turns out in the end he outright told them "I don't like how I'm being treated, I want to talk to a manager who will treat me right" to which Machinima decided gently caress it, get out of here.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Leal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVwSY_UsctM

So Phil talking about his Machinima contract. Turns out in the end he outright told them "I don't like how I'm being treated, I want to talk to a manager who will treat me right" to which Machinima decided gently caress it, get out of here.

"I did nothing wrong" is probably the highlight of that whole vlog...that and Phil actually having the loving nerve to say he values hard work.

Also, just look at how pathetically desperate this guy is:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
this is just sad now

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RottenK posted:

this is just sad now

Only now?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah for real go deliver some drat pizzas holmes it's not that hard

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coolguye posted:

yeah for real go deliver some drat pizzas holmes it's not that hard

I feel like it'd go something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DELvF8KTfFg

(I just saw an excuse to post this video I love)

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
guys i think you should all donate to me if that doesn't persuade you then let me guilt trip you. guys?guys?

Like, I don't even feel anything for him anymore. He ran out of sympathy when he decided to never grow as a person when he started this """"""""career"""""""".

Edit: also he's saying how he needs to pay his bills but he's making $1100/month on patreon alone. That plus even 100 views on each of his spitfired videos each month, plus sponsorships and twitch.tv subs...yeah, dude is beyond being lazy and greedy.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 17, 2017

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Hey, that second yacht made of solid gold with a sail made of Superman #1s isn't going to pay for itself.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

guys i think you should all donate to me if that doesn't persuade you then let me guilt trip you. guys?guys?

Like, I don't even feel anything for him anymore. He ran out of sympathy when he decided to never grow as a person when he started this """"""""career"""""""".

Edit: also he's saying how he needs to pay his bills but he's making $1100/month on patreon alone. That plus even 100 views on each of his spitfired videos each month, plus sponsorships and twitch.tv subs...yeah, dude is beyond being lazy and greedy.

Look, leasing a BMW and paying to live in a gated community isn't cheap. He's also got that big wedding to think about now.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
To be honest that may be what's doing him in. I'm pretty sure that 1100 dollars doesn't even cover the cost of living in that community. Heck it doesn't even cover the cost of living in some apartments. I have now idea how much the BMW costs but DSP is probably paying a pretty hefty monthly payment. I'm unsure of how much he makes from twitch or youtube but it probably isn't a whole lot. So yes it is entirely possible that he's just barely scraping by at this point and it is indeed all his fault for making a whole series of poor financial decisions. I have no idea if a business degree even teaches about financial responsibility but it looks like the degree was wasted on him because he's shown no business sense or tact.

I think at this point DSP is a cautionary tale of what happens when someone who doesn't know how to handle money comes into a whole lot, the fickle mistress that is fame and what happens when the spotlight fades.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

His girlfriend also has a job, so that adds some extra income.

Wait. Wait wait wait.

His girlfriend, his bride to be, the person he wants to live with all his life has a loving job while he refuses to get one himself

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Leal posted:

His girlfriend also has a job, so that adds some extra income.

Wait. Wait wait wait.

His girlfriend, his bride to be, the person he wants to live with all his life has a loving job while he refuses to get one himself

He has a job. The issue is his over-spending in combination with his inability to do his job properly or get an additional part-time job as supplementary income.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

1100/mo equates to 13k/yr

the federal poverty guideline for 2 people in a household is 15k/yr. for 1 person it is 11k/yr.

please do not pretend like he's made it in the shade because his patreon has numbers on it. this isn't to defend him but let's at least make our complaints about his behavior coherent.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
But that's also not his only source of income, nor is he the only person with a source of income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Unless his fiance is only making like $150 a month that's not under poverty, even disregarding his other sources of income beyond Patreon. Phil's problem is that he's spending far beyond his limits while he still has debts to pay.

He's like an avatar of failure, except he can't even do that right.