Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've always heard it said that the First Amendment only stops the government from censoring whatever you say, and even then it's kind of limited in that regard (i.e. if I work from a Congressman and call him a shithead on Facebook, I can still get canned). As far as I know, Google is a private organization and can lawfully ban or censor anything that doesn't agree with their corporate values or harm their bottom line. It's not censorship, per se, just capitalism.

That being said, I'm not an American, and I don't know much about you Yanks' Constitution, so I might be wrong on all counts there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yardbomb posted:

That's a pretty poo poo way to think on some people randomly having their work invalidated and some deal of income up and yanked out of their hands.

I mostly agree, but considering how crazy YouTube's been recently, something was bound to happen. I think Mega64's right- if you want to make a living from YouTube, places like Patreon are the way to go, along with massive promotion efforts.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Come on guys, don't be mean- if there's one thing I hope DSP does right, it's married life :3:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I personally think it's hilarious. Better than Pewd's screaming, at least.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bobjr posted:

As long as the person is open and honestly about getting paid to pay a game I really don't care what they play.

Yeah, same here. Hell, odds are I might end up thinking better of the game makers and/or the LP'er for doing so.

EDIT: Unless it's some rape game or whatever. That poo poo's gross no matter how ethical one might be.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BMS posted:

If the Multiverse theory is correct, is there a universe out there where Phil is rational? I wonder what that place is like.

....I bet nuclear war has already ravaged the planet

Oh no, it's a living paradise, where Bernie Sanders is president, the Middle East is a beacon of stability, we already have moon colonies, and everyone's immortal.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TaurusOxford posted:

Because Phil didn't know how to make money properly and kept being an idiot (like shooting the drug dealers you're supposed to talk to and saying the game is glitched when said drug dealers started shooting back at him).

You cannot be serious. I mean, poo poo like this is why I can't help thinking DSP's persona is manufactured. Why did he think they wouldn't shoot back? I'd say the game was bugged if they didn't shoot back.

EDIT: I mean, that's on the level of this, except if you're right, then DSP is perfectly serious.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 12, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
All right, that is... slightly more understandable- I thought he fired into a group of drug dealers and was surprised when they shot back. But still, this isn't some bullet hell shooter, surely he must've noticed where his bullets were going, especially since he's got auto-aim on. What the hell?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any way for the law to make her go see a doctor once she loses her lawsuit? And she will lose her lawsuit, no bones about it- you don't need to be Leonard French, or even the Romino Bros. to make sure of that. Because this seems to me to be less an internet numbskull being an internet numbskull, and more of some poor woman having a stress breakdown :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, regardless of what she's going through she does need legal action taken against her. I just think that the optimal outcome is that the case is dropped, Imagos doesn't lose anything, Leonard gets paid adequately, and Alex gets some sorely needed counselling and/or medication.

I suppose having all the transphobic assholes who came out of the woodwork be hit by lightning would be nice too, but at that point I might as well ask for a unicorn that shits diamonds.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I dunno- if her statement is true (and I do have my doubts that it is), then her situation would not have been helped by people telling her that death threats were 'free speech' and referring to her old gender. That being said however, I don't doubt that the odds are good that she's lying or even outright hallucinating/delusional (not sure of the precise term to be used here), and the real fault lies with the quack who decided to release her early.

EDIT: According to SidAlpha, her account has been taken down.
https://twitter.com/SidAlpha/status/882244710110158850

I'm not sure laughter is the correct response here though.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 4, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Fair enough, I guess. It's just that I really can't help but feel a lot of time and energy's been wasted by simply not getting Alex the help she needs.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Coolguye posted:

i'm not sure what more you expect. they literally threw her into the loony bin. should they throw her back and get a court order to not release her this next time?

Dunno, maybe? There should be more than enough proof that she's got more than a case of the sadbrains, and certainly should be enough to have her committed, at least for a while. Then again, this is the infamous American mental health system we're talking about, so there might not be much help to be had either. Like Nihilarian said:

Nihilarian posted:

Since commiting her to a mental hospital apparently only made her more dedicated to the cause, I doubt that would have gone well either.

It's just that it's really sad to see a mental breakdown of any kind, even moreso that it's bringing out the anti-trans community and their ilk as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You forgot the 'best' part- the accuser gets all the accused's details, but the accused doesn't get anything on their accuser except for an email :suicide:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dmboogie posted:

it really is just genuinely sweet/goofy dad dating content from what i've played!

Welp, this is deffo selling me on the game- I'm a sucker for cute romances of any stripe.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Doesn't change the fact that they're long, meandering and boring though. Seriously, you guys who can watch that poo poo are stronger men than I.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have to admit, I don't really see the problem with Youtube's new layout other than a momentary bout of getting used to the new look. That said, I'm pretty much just some schlub that watches videos now and then, so if it's somehow made it harder for people to make a living from Youtube, then it was a genuinely lovely thing to happen. That said, from what I hear YT's not much of a good monetizing option anyway, and Patreon's a much better bet if one wants to earn a living making videos for the Internet.

Again though, I'm really no expert.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I want to remind everyone Putty is doing a Minecraft: Story Mode LP and as such, cannot currently be held mentally competent enough to be responsible for his actions. He has gone from compos mentis to compost mentis, so let's have some compassion, eh?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Earnestly posted:

Allow monetization, and then link to the best ad block extensions.

Honestly, I'm surprised more people don't use AdBlock or the like.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Speaking of Jim Sterling, if you're going to be using copyrighted material in any form, perhaps the Copyright Deadlock could work for you.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
See, it's poo poo like that which keeps me wondering if DSP isn't some kind of insane performance artist.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Re: CJacobs and Coolguye, I think you guys are kind of talking over each other. I think (it's 5AM where I am, okay?) CJacobs wants to know what can be done to protect the monetization rights of smaller YouTubers, while Coolguye is saying why YT is focusing on helping those with large subscriber counts gain visibility, because every PDP gets YT a shitload in ad money. Maybe YT moving to becoming some kind of Patreon-like would help both these issues, with the caveat being: what can YT do that Patreon can't?

Maybe Google can just buy out Patreon or something, but that's a whole other kettle of fish, especially since Patreon also handles funding for fanworks and adult material- I can't see Blizzard too eager to advertise on a network that's also funding some dude's 18-rated Overwaifu visual novel, for instance.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BMS posted:

Something like this?

AWESOME ANIME vampire hunting BOOBS!!!!!! :P - Let's Play RUSTY [HILARIOUS!]

TheScratchyTesticleGamer

I'm clicking but there's no video coming up fix ur link you SJW!!1!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TaurusOxford posted:

So DSP got caught jerking off on stream again. He remembered to turn his camera off this time, but not his microphone.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentGorgeousCiderPeoplesChamp

Link is not working for me- I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What was that dude's beef with you? Was it because you said The Surge is better than Dark Souls? Because if that's the case, dude might be surprised to discover that water is wet and fire is hot.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahahaha holy poo poo- does this mean they still get your money if you monetize your video, or will said video be taken down?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TaurusOxford posted:

he won't rent it out cause he's too lazy to be in charge of the upkeep.

Man, this actually gets my goat far more than the rest of his idiocy; being a landlord could be a pretty sweet gig for one, or at the very least he can sell his mega-house and live in the condo (though this may not actually be an improvement, finances-wise). loving DSP.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I was never really a fan of TotalBiscuit, but it's still terrible news to see :( RIP John Bain.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I bashed Reagan in a video and it garnered more dislikes than any other video of mine. It's wonderful.

:allears: Got a link to it? I might actually want to read YouTube comments now.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alexeythegreat posted:

I bashed Putin in some of my videos and I don't think it got me any dislikes

Guess the FSB liked your jokes :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't feel for him. Everything bad in his life was self-inflicted.

Maybe, but I still want to hope that he realizes how screwed up things are and fixes things :smith:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Putty posted:

Watching my favorite let's players make fart sounds on the fortnite battle bus as I wonder what their political views are.

This but unironically :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
waaaah changing times are bad why can't everything be like it was when i was a way cool radical teen

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Swell.

:smug:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I thought she was kind of banal

Kizuna Ai is a treasure, you philistine.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Nep is life, Nep is hometown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wait what?!

From a casual skim through, Turtlicious implied he was going to commit a eco-terrorism.