Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Fedule posted:

No, legally speaking, there is not going to be much of a discussion here. The only real point of contention is going to be arguing over whether or not it is right in any kind of bigger picture, dare I say "free speech"-y sense, to selectively apply the DMCA in this way. I mean, the DMCA is conceptually a trainwreck, and nobody of any moral worth is on Pewds' side in this, so if we're gonna argue that this particular case is somehow a bad thing I guess the question is - what will be the consequences of this move beyond the individual takedown, considering that it basically is guaranteed not to impart any change on the existing legal landscape unless it is somehow challenged in court?
I think it's pretty lovely to use a broken legal system as a weapon in a personal vendetta regardless of the circumstances. I'm not going to stop backing their Patreon over it, but it's a real bummer seeing such otherwise upstanding netizens do something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
A note to anyone streaming FractalSoftware games in the future: if we become aware of you saying anything positive about anime while talking over our product, we will be forced to shut you down. We can't allow that kind of toxic behaviour to be associated with our brand.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

It would actually be an improvement, since his Seattle condo has gone up in value since he moved, which would allow him to pay off a LOT of his debt. He just refuses to sell it cause then that would be a "victory" for the detractors.
Detractors like the IRS?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
いいね

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

:yikes:

I really loving hate how it feels that being corrupt and an rear end in a top hat seem to be the only way to be successful in life sometimes. :smith:
You don't hear about all the successful studios that are run in a smart and responsible way, because that's not a sexy enough story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Today, Chip and Ironicus' MGS 5 LP has concluded. It took 69 updates (nice)
Not just that, their Metal Gear journey is now over.

It feels almost weird to post this in this thread considering most of these LPs happened on SA. But here we are, the end of an era.

The MGS2 LP is why I got into LPing myself. Now I'm here, still doing something that resembles LP and you have C&I to blame at least partially.
I'm glad it ended with an hour-long deep dive into the world of MGS5 Never Be Game Over truthers. I can't imagine anything more appropriate.