Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Laurentheflute is a... charming streamer. She's not great at games, taking a hell of a lot longer time than most, or indeed all, people would, and is a vidcam person as well. What sets her out, though, is her utter earnestness and sincerity - which sounds really dumb to like, but really, really works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dias posted:

That's adorable. I should check out her Undertale stuff, Dark Souls is okay but she literally inches towards progress which gets a bit exhausting to watch.

You should. Her playstyle means that some games can be... well, very, very lengthy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

On the subject of faking it, I've been watchinbg the DSP's Biggest Lie video and wow those fake reactions are obnoxious. I admit I use "acted" reactions in my LPs but I use it mildly and sparsely to build to a moment that surprised me when I first played the game and that I'm hoping will surprise the audience as well - I try to evoke the idea of "This is what I thought when I first played this part". Phil's just insulting. Also a lot of the time I invert it for dramatic irony, in that I know something is coming, and you know that something is going to happen due to genre conventions, but I'm keeping mum about it to preserve the game's storytelling.

Most 'reactions' in LPs are very poor acting; there's a je ne se quoi about spontaneity that most people can't do (myself included) which makes them (to me) very irritating.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Why did he never get into voice acting? Oh, it's so dreamy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Research Indicates posted:

I did, that's why I disappeared for so long. I pay my rent with my voice.

So.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH THE CRIMSON SKIES LP?!?!?!?

<joke>

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I heard that a Nick Robinson from Polygon was in hot water. What's that about? I ask here because I'm genuinely not wanting to jump into the inevitable shite opinion pieces that'll come up on Google.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You'd have to be a complete shut-in and only play video games in your life to not know that Nazis/White Supremacists are still a thing.

Hell, even I'M aware of them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

voiceofdog has started LISA: The Joyful.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I seem to remember a few of them were just associated with... Psychedelic Eyeball? I think? They didn't really have much to say re. Shmorky; so I recall.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

On the subject of jerk offs, JonTron updated, but I don't intend to dignify it with a view, so don't know what it's about.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Voidburger got shadowbanned for saying maybe Lowtax shouldn't tell his twitter followers to harass a different twitter user who said that the stream he did with his daughters about Shmorky was weird which he interpreted as them insisting he was exploiting them instead of just....being a weird thing to let a kid do?

News re. VB and Chip and Ironicus and Elena; they had Gextra-Life 24 hour stream to raise money for the kids at Flint, Michigan. As is my understanding, there still a chance to donate. So that's nice!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

In unrelated news: Youtube and Twitch content creators realize that they built their castle on a swamp and are starting to panic.

How so?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

:same:

It's like literally any other content, find good people and watch/listen to them.

Ditto

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BTW, ChipCheezum and GeneralIronicus are doing an LP of MGSV.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Laurentheflute is having to put their cat down, alas. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is LParchive still being used? I know it's still functional, just unsure if anyone is still uploading to it.