Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am sure that with enough censorship, the ad revenue with resume flowing from the surviving sanitized entertainment options.

Yeah that is generally how it works.

As it turns out absolute freedom is dumb as gently caress if you think about it in any real way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait no it doesn't free speech literally only exists in the government sense.

Free speech as you are talking has never existed, will never exist, and should never exist.

The 90% of the time people decrying freedom of speech being censored are only against it when it's against them or it means someone isn't actively supporting them.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 27, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GoneRampant posted:

I'm honestly not a huge fan of these recent DSP videos Beef is making. Largely because I feel the original DSP video worked because of its brevity- it was short and concise, did what it had to do and didn't waste time. This just dragged on like a HBomberguy video, and was about as good for my mental health.

I just don't get the thought process behind "The DSP video worked due to being less than ten minutes. I'm gonna drag it out to several hours and utterly ruin the joke!"

HBombers videos own tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah so you don't know what sexual harassment is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Truly it is the sexual harasser who is the victim here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I uh disagree, hence why I said it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He is right

Maybe next time just dont that.

Alternatively don't think we are stupid enough to fall for the " I am not excusing this but" rhetorical trap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nidoking posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that Campo Santo have the option of contacting Pewdiepie to ask him to take down all of his videos with their content, rather than asserting that the very act of making those videos in the first place and posting them online was a violation of U.S. Copyright Law, which is what they're doing. Let's keep in mind that the DMCA is not a separate law from the copyright that prevents reproduction and sale of, say, entire books. It's simply a mechanism for allowing copyright holders to keep up with the technology that allows mass file-sharing of arbitrary amounts of data worldwide with little effort. DMCA didn't create any new offenses. It says that when such an offense happens on the Internet, where anonymity often prevents the service of the lawsuit mechanism and downloads can happen in seconds, the copyright holder can assert a violation and start a timeline for the takedown of the material without needing to name the violator, through the owner of the site where the material was posted. A DMCA filing has always said "The person who posted this has violated my copyright and I am willing to sue them if necessary." Youtube's implementation of that mechanism doesn't quite comply with the DMCA, but people are so used to it by now that many seem to think that Youtube's mechanism IS the DMCA.

They have that option but I don't really see the point.

It does nothing for them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Genocyber posted:

It's DMCA use, not abuse. Legally-speaking there's no precedent for its use in regards to let's plays so that's a pointless argument to have, leaving only the moral one. And using the legal system to gently caress over a racist shithead is unequivocally a good thing in my book.

But slippery slopes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Genocyber posted:

The rest of your post disagrees with that.

It's the old I am not racist but

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

He's just saying that being a feminist doesn't make you an expert in law, the same as how being an engineer doesn't make you a comic book super genius, and wondering why anyone's looking to Fem Freq on this DMCA situation.

You guys gotta chill.

Which an extremely dumb point to make if you aren't even gonna read the article.

The dude deserves what he got for being a dumbass.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah so you don't know what click bait is either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I know right, if you are going to whine about something read it first.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Leal posted:

And again, you're throwing shade at a dead man. How is that being any less of an rear end in a top hat? Generally one should be the bigger man, but you all want to storm in to get your final licks in to a corpse.

Being dead doesn’t make you special and whitewashing someone is more disgusting as it’s actually harmful.

But if being morally superior is more important to you keep on being a sanctimonious shitheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol the idea that American Schools self flagellate.

Which is just not true.

Also kind of dumb because I’m not sure how reporting the truth is self flagellation. Unless you believe for everything bad you say you have to say something good in some kind of juvenile attempt at balance.