Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ha, I only just noticed the title, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The only possible explanation I've got is that facerig lost its luster and people just aren't interested in pretending to be hamburgers or dogs in bowls anymore.

I'm all for this though, because it's producing great material as a meme already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHDM9_lf2g

What the gently caress are these comments

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

If Slowbeef doesn't manage his brand well, he's gonna end up like Darksydephil!

Oh god, you're right.

he already has the laugh too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If a stream isn't getting hosted on Youtube, I'm not watching it. Something about Twitch doesn't agree with my laptop and I can't get a decent amount of video buffered to watch in a normal fashion so there's really no point in trying if I'm going to be limited like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

For whatever reason even mobile quality on Twitch needs to buffer every 10s but I have no problem on Youtube. I don't watch a lot of streams anyway, but in the off chance I'd like to..I don't have many options.

Yeah, basically the only things I've looked at are ChipCheezum, slowbeef and KalonZombie's stuff. Occasionally SkippyGranola does them too though but it's mostly the other two.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Here's some of their really good stuff that got taken down

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8ENGke08-ClaDVZZnFRTHZXWkk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cangelosi posted:

Thank God and Heaven someone saved the Dahir Insaat stuff. My dad used to be a business contractor, so I know that he would get a kick out of some of these videos.

Yeah, funnily enough, I think someone posted that in the Idiots on Social Media thread and that's where I saved* them from.

*bookmarked :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

The greatest boxart

I'm annoyed that I can't recall where I first saw that face from.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

That face used to be top meme material, so take your pick of the roughly hundred thousand edits out there :v:

Probably something like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't really have much to continue the discussion with but I just want to bring some of my confusion over to here.

I was watching something and a Game Grumps video came up in the recommended side for some reason. Thing was is that it was like part 68 of Paper Mario TTYD. And they were still only like halfway through chapter 4. They spend like three minutes struggling to figure out how to beat a Buzzy Beetle. They tried hammer and after that didn't work, they were pretty much stumbling blind. You have two attacks, hammer and jump, it shouldn't be this difficult a puzzle! :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The only plus I can find to this UI change is that now I can change video speed on mobile too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nidoking posted:

My biggest complaints are that they've reduced the number of videos in the "Recently Uploaded" section from 15 to 10 (in both layouts) and that you have to specifically switch to Edit Mode to remove videos from your Watch Later list after you've watched them - which just switches you right back to the old layout anyway. It also seemed like when I hit the fullscreen button as a video started, it would take a few seconds to finish loading the page and then reload in the regular view, so I'd have to hit fullscreen again. I concede that I'm not a graphic designer, but if anyone who is can tell me why adding more clicks to access the features users use is good UI design, I will personally petition to have your license revoked.

Yeah, I don't even know where edit mode is- or that it was a thing before- so I've gotta open a video before I can remove other stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I was worried it was going to end with Slowbeef pretending to choke on those cashews into unconsciousness.

Watching that game-play video again, what makes it so hilarious/frustrating is that you can tell right away that you can't jump high enough to clear that cylinder from the ground. Like if it just failing to jump-and-dash from the cube to the cylinder, I'd look at it and think, "Well, I guess you just have really precise jumps in this game." Instead, the video makes it look like the game's being played by someone's dad who hasn't tried playing video games since 1994.

It's very poorly explained. They should've had a ghost Cuphead going through the motions to illustrate how you're wasting your time by running up to the pillar.

Anyway, this isn't important. What is important is that Baker7498 has returned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwB6HN89F6g

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

The tutorial is fine the dude was just bad at the game.

For 'fine' the tutorial didn't even tell you what direction you're supposed to hold the controller. Or which way to set your console before you put the disc in!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Putty posted:

Let's Play? More like... Let's Pray for all those who lost their lives on 9/11 🚩

+
=

Calaveron posted:

So how hard is it to not say the n word

We were wondering that too! So we brought in Jontron to shed some light on the subject.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Good to know that 'retarded' isn't cool any more. That and 'gay' got tossed around a lot while I was in Middle School. Never would've thought about it otherwise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Will you all get off of PDP's back? Who among us hasn't had a stressful gaming experience like that?

https://twitter.com/deportablediz/status/906967887084126209

http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2017/09/great-heated-moments-in-gaming-history/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

So you didn't even check the article? Just immediately attacked feminists?

Mans posted:

how large is your fedora collection

He's just saying that being a feminist doesn't make you an expert in law, the same as how being an engineer doesn't make you a comic book super genius, and wondering why anyone's looking to Fem Freq on this DMCA situation.

You guys gotta chill.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Thew main problem I have personally with doing the LP thing for money is that I enjoy games, but I'm not very good at them. Playing a game on my own time first means I can have the freedom when stuck on a hard boss to go "You know what, I'm getting better but I've been doing this guy for an hour and I'm tired, I think I'll go do something else and come back to this..." Playing games for a performance means you have to stick it out until you win, of course preferably editing out the failures, and that's a good way to get too frustrated with a game.

See, there's the trick. What you do is, as Diabetus puts it, create a cas' environment where people don't harshly judge you for not being good at video games and don't mind if you pause the stream for a minute to swap to a different game.

Just because Smite has the mental fortitude to do seven hours of Breath of the Wild doesn't mean that everyone has to go for that long on whatever game is in their console at the time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

Smite is a machine and it is unfair to compare normal humans to him.

Yeah, him and A Raving Loon are psychopaths.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone should post all the tweets Voidburger and Lowtax sent each other so we can finally settle this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I wish Gary Larson didn't have a giant stick up his rear end about Far Side being available online because then I'd post that one Far Side strip where hopeful parents stare at their dumb child slack-jawed playing Nintendo and dreaming about want ads wanting professional goomba stompers, $50 an hour and so

Golden Goat posted:

Does Gary Larson murder people who post his comics or something?

Len posted:

DON'T POST FAR SIDE!

Still don't understand why Goons took that to heart.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Because instead of going on a horrible meltdown over it Gary Larson asked nicely for people to stop because it made him unhappy. He said "yeah well I can't really stop you but I don't like it so it'd make me happy if you stop, tia."

The end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Give it a bit, no one explains things from the beginning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Are you actually conducting tests based on currently existing research using tools that've already been invented? You goddamn millennials can't create a single thing of value on your own! Get a real job like hiding in your room and espousing the dangers of soy and how it's reducing testosterone levels in men across the continent!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even Kotaku's starting to get in on roasting Proton Jon.

Also, in semi, kinda more related to this thread news, you remember those Dahir Insaat videos? Well, they're still not back on Retsupurae's channel but...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8EoQjxYy1o2k_BC1nRyxEqj1B0-XVQQ9

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is not looking in the direction where the game wants you to a running joke of theirs or just a bad habit?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Look at Danny. He's almost 40 and he also plays video games on YouTube. He also makes music about masturbating and eating in the shower.

The Seinfeld of a new generation

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Here's a much better thing that didn't involve a terrible tragedy

https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/982421712217280513

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leal posted:

Yeah, you aren't exactly being the paragon of virtue by taking this chance to tap dance on his grave and shout out that he's a terrible person and its good that he is dead.

Veneration of the dead, let the drama die with him, let the family and friends mourn, namaste

Leal posted:

Then whats your angle with bringing that stuff up? Surprise, when somebody that a person likes dies they say nice things about them. Jumping up on a soapbox and going "Well ACTUALLY" is nothing more then an attempt to bring down the mourners. Every time someone tries to pay their respects there is someone who barges in with "Actually he is a gigantic cock"

He's dead, the ultimate price was paid, what more do you want from him? You won that battle, the bad man is currently in a morgue getting a suit fitted and being put into a coffin. We can't even respect the dead these days, its loving despicable.

Max Wilco posted:

It's not as if you can't criticize TotalBiscuit. Even if you remove gamergate from the equation, you can still grill him for acting like a smug know-it-all dick. I know that it was once brought up that ages ago, he used to post here on SA, and did some long diatribe about how he took an IQ test or something.

But cripes, like, wait a couple weeks, or a month or something.

Plus, if Slowbeef and Jim Sterling are willing to offer condolences to his passing, that must say something redeeming of him.

Leal posted:

Whatever, I'm ducking out. Ya'll have fun calling a corpse an rear end in a top hat, I can see I'm not gonna convince you that there should should be more tact to a dead man, and you're not gonna convince me that you can be selective in which corpses are fair game to insult. Glory of the internet, everyone digs their heels in and screams "gently caress you" at each other.

Mega64 posted:

There's middle ground between "Don't say anything ill about the dead" and "He's a shithead who deserved to die". I know, SA and the internet and all, but let's try to be respectful and use tact and not scream at each other. You can talk about his flaws/strengths and all that while keeping it civil and not diving into intense anger at the drop of a hat.

That said,

TotalBiscuit died for our sins.

When Justice Scalia died I did a touchdown dance for what felt like 20 minutes straight.

Also, people here are shitpoting about a guy on a forum that's breaking the servers if 100,000 people log on at once. It's not like they're saying this stuff at his wife of Jesse and Dodger on Twitter like how when it turned out someone in ChannelAwesome was grooming other co-workers and broke-brained nutjobs then went to ask the victims if it's cool if they still like that guy's stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

Chip and Ironicus did post their Beyond Good & Evil HD LP here not too long ago, so I'm not sure why they decided to go LP Zone only this time around. I didn't really follow that thread, so I don't know if there was a bunch of shitposting going on or whatever.

I don't actually know the LP Zone that well but I'm under the impression that it doesn't have a paywall so that makes it more accessible to people.

Also the weirdest part of Voidburger and Psych getting shadowbanned was that they were talking about how hosed up the Shmorky thing was but I'm mostly sure that neither of them actually tagged or @ed- or whatever the term is on Twitter- Lowtax they were just talking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

I feel more people need to be aware that SGF has just started a playthrough of Omikron: the Nomad soul, David Cage's first foray into videogame narrative art.

RiP SGF

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just type 'walkthrough no commentary' into the search bar, dude.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

obviously when i create my off-site lp place, it'll be written like the fay books in artemis fowl.

pictographs written in tight spiralling squares.

Holy cow, there's a reference I never thought I'd see on here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't use LP.zone but it's a shame to hear that it's not coded that well. Having an easy way to follow people you like without getting paywalled sounded nice on paper.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

Dan has a serious digestive condition he's mentioned a few times which has hospitalized him a couple times before. It's serious enough that Arin mentioned the reason Game Grumps employees have such a good health plan is because he wanted to help Dan so he doesn't have to pay for hospital care. When Dan's too sick to do any grumps stuff, Arin does random bullshit so he doesn't use up games he could be playing with Dan.

Wait, I thought Dan left the GameGrumps anyway

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Well,that one was the only one that you can actually fight. The rest you just tranq them normally.

Aw man, there's no Lucha Gorilla? Lame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

slowbeef posted:

What a day to lurk.

That guy wrote to me recently. Apparently, he's a dad now and feels really bad about that situation and decided to try one last time to be a full time ... content creator or whatever. I wonder if he made it. (I didn't write back.)

Why have you revealed yourself, you were free of :letsplay: why have you shown your presence?

Good work on the Off Topic podcast, you got a lot of laughs out of me!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8foDBekOYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq54jb_5WCI

It's the end of an era, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

YouTube personalities and Neo-Nazis man, I'm honestly fascinated how and intrigued about why those two cultures are so drawn to each other. The 2010s have taken a bizarre turn the last 5 years or so.

All that aside, for a group of guys like SBF, I've always really appreciated how professional they've always been about everything. Like, heads and shoulders above almost every other internet personality, which is extra crazy cause they got started before any kind of internet personality social conduct was really nailed down.

Youtube work is all just a big game of follow the leader. PewDiePie's an alt right piece of poo poo so everyone else is doing the same, just like his scarecam poo poo.