Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

So Battler did make it off the island after all. And we still have two scenes to go.

I hadn't expected this ending to take over from before she jumped, and I certainly hadn't expected the magic ending to resolve in such a mundane way. How interesting.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: Like that's the implication of the gold vanishing as Beatrice does, right? They distracted Battler so he'd look away and they could jump for it, he dives after them, they try to push him away so he lives, they separate, they come back together and drown. You could probably also interpret Battler coming back as a dying hallucination, since Sayo is weighed down with the gold and Battler isn't, Battler is more bouyant than Sayo and would need to actively swim down to catch up with Sayo especially if they're trying to fight him. Not that I'm suggesting that he didn't drown, but rather the stuff about them* dying in an embrace seems off to me, whereas them jumping, Battler trying to save them, being pushed away, and then drowning doesn't.

Yeah, this is how I interpreted it. Except I don't think Battler drowned here. The narration specifically says that Battler reappearing was impossible, since he already had floated away, so it's most likely that it really was impossible and didn't actually happen. That part was just Sayo's fantasy as she drowned.

Cyouni posted:

So what you're saying is that Kyrie is really bad at aiming.

You know, we don't really know that Kyrie had ever killed anyone before that day, despite her tough talk.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Apparently, her body was made out of sweet candy, with a bit of spice thrown in. Put your mind at ease, as there is nothing remotely terrifying about this scene.

Nothing whatsoever. :catstare:

Is that the whole tea party? Have we really just got ??? left? Is the next update the last one?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Yes. This LP ends in about 13 hours.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Rodyle posted:

it is worth remembering that the next WTC is likely as different from Umineko as Umineko was from Higurashi

You mean, in the next story magic might actually be real?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I am going to miss this thread so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It's probably the psychological and physiological influencing each other there. Higher stress levels have been shown to increase risks of strokes or seizures, and because of Tohya's brain damage, remembering Battler is incredibly stressful for him. The actual fit probably caused physical damage, which made the psychological effects worse, etc. It's a nasty cycle. Under the circumstances, being terrified for his life isn't unreasonable. You could say that he should have seen her anyway (and he says it himself in the scene), but it's something we can understand and even empathize with. Doing the right thing when it might cost you your life is hard, especially on behalf of someone who doesn't even feel like your family anymore.

• Locked thread