Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Witchchat has many mysteries and secret truths.

Also memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DLord posted:

Ok now that I'm back with more time. I'll explain a bit more of my logic. If we are following Knox rules then other than the witch's IS there can be no new people.

Uh...

quote:

It is forbidden for the culprit to be anyone not mentioned in the early part of the story.

Lion can't be the culprit, no, but they can still be a "new person"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Poor Lion.

"Oh yeah you're not your mom's kid and surprise you're also an incest-rape baby!" :smith:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's a Discord channel, linked in the OP but here's a link here.

https://discord.gg/PD4YtV

There is Free Range Spoilers here.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Yasu? Yasu??? Hahahahahahahahahaha oh my god are you serious?? Hahahahahahaha fuuuuuck! Yes, I can see why you'd think that there was a conspiracy within the thread to gently caress with you all. And I even brought up Portopia earlier! (I swear, I just like playing Ace Attorney-esque poo poo!) That's so rich. Wow. I can't believe this.

Seriously witchchat freaked out when you referenced it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Far Piano Version is great and you all should listen to it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

I've been thinking about this one, and it looks like the time to pull out all the kanji in Yasuda, Shannon, and Kanon and try to see what's up there.

e: Sayo and Yoshiya while we're at it.

Yasuda: 安田

Sayo: 紗代

Shannon:紗音

Yoshiya:嘉哉

Kanon: 嘉音

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

this whole series is Battler/Maria/Jessica/George writing a murder mystery. The adults are quietly disturbed that they keep getting killed off.

Rudolf would ask why he isn't being murdered in more creative ways.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

bman in 2288 posted:

Is there no one directly related to Kinzo who no one wants to put a shovel through the face?

Lion?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Welcome to the greatest unsolved Mystery of Umineko. :toot:

Was George an extra special prick, and hid a letter Battler wrote?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13785987

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

When the numbers first came up in EP3 Battler pointed out that July 15th is his birthday yes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ProfessorProf posted:

Battler's awful titty grab scene in Episode 1 almost solved half of the mystery.

This will never not be one of my favorite parts of Umineko.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KataraniSword posted:

It was by the very existence of witchchat that witchchat could remain sane. It turns out it's a lot easier to not blurt out spoilers when you can just pop open a discord window and scream about how correct/incorrect a reader is about things.

I remember when Witchchat went absolutely insane when Witchcore brought up The Portopia Serial Murder Case.

Don't know what we would have done without it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Not murdering a teenage girl would have not cruel tbh

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

All the other people doing all kinds of terrible poo poo has all been in the pursuit of their own happy ending, whatever form that may take, however monstrous it may be. (Hello Erika.) The whole hope of Lion is that they're a happy ending Yasu could reach without really doing anything themself. I look forward to Episode 8 wherein they actually try.

I wonder if there might be a reason why Yasuda conciders Lion her only possible happy ending.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

This is a really important piece of the puzzle, yeah, and learning the specifics of it may change my view on the matter, but since it was all but completely omitted from Clair's story I can't account for it at this time.

ProfessorProf posted:

"Oh, is that all? But aren't the next two years pretty fun...?"
"We don't need them. After all we've heard in the past games about your inner conflict and how you suffered, you don't need to say any more."

You want the rest of the info on this? Go back and re-read the episodes. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that I've always been curious about is exactly what motivated Jessica's reaction to seeing Kanon and Battler's meeting in EP1. It's possible to speculate that either 1. Jessica noticed Kanon was obvously attracted to Battler and realized "oh poo poo I don't have a chance do I"

quote:

"...He's nowhere!! Could the culprit have taken him out of the room?! Then we have to search for him quickly and save him! If we're slow, something awful might happen!! Aunt Rosa, let's search all over the mansion! Let's search for the culprit! Let's save Kanon-kun!!"

quote:

"...Even though the games are different, I'm taking a shot back at you with this move, as a tribute to Kanon-kun for that time."

Jessica might have reasons to worry imo.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

Was Runon the one who got pushed down the stairs for poo poo-talking Beatrice?

No Runon is the servant who Lucifer of Pride was based off of.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cyouni posted:

That seems to defeat the whole "no more people will die" section of Beatrice's promise if she then goes off and kills Nanjo.

ProfessorProf posted:

Also: gently caress Nanjo, he had it coming.

It can not be understated how much Nanjo had it coming.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

After a particularly brutal rampage from Rosa, Dr. Nanjo is forced to perform an untested jaw replacement surgery. Fortunately, Knizo had a collection of fiberglass replicas made of the skulls of all his descendants.

You say this like Kinzo would bother with something like a replica.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

I gotta say, this line of discussion has put the end of episode 2 in a whole new light.

Episode 2 is secretly the best episode of Umineko but you only realize it in hindsight.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

Now this I take issue with. If Lion is how they identify outside the coercive interference of Genji/Nanjo, then that is how they identify. How they express or understand that identity can change based on life circumstances, but not the identity itself.

She doesn't identify as Lion though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

resurgam40 posted:

Though not as sorry as I feel for Gohda, who didn't even know about any of this and did nothing to deserve the agonies visited upon him. Oh Gohda, forgive me that I was so mean to you in the first episode, I grasp you along with Battler in my big apology hug :cry:

Gohda was That Guy from work.

You know the type. That dick coworker who sucks up to the boss.

He deserves everything that comes to him. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kinzo can be a terrible person, father, and a rapist and still be a nice grandpa to his grandkids.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

PetraCore posted:

Kinzo was previously characterized as not speaking to Maria because Rosa dared to name her wrong.

Rosa says that Kinzo hardly ever speaks to Maria after he's been dead for two years.

Kind of hard to talk to a kid when you're dead.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know anything about gender and I fear that thinking about it might lead to a rabbithole but I can say that we can all agree that Sayo has terrible taste in men.

Battler is a good boy. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

She had Okonogi. :v:

I don't remember enough about the specifics of Higurashi to know if that's a good thing.

It's not.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

lotus circle posted:

This feels like EP 4 except instead of a sad story about Ange, it's a long puzzle section with Ange. I'm seeing a pattern here.

It's not actually very long, it's just been stretched out a lot of Prof doing a ton of smaller updates.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

Episode 6 would suggest otherwise.

You mean the episode where Battler got everything he wanted and completely owned Bern and Eirka? :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

All that proves is Yasu is better at this poo poo than Battler.

Battler greatest strength is that he knows he's incompetent, and isn't afraid to ask others for help to cover for his shortcomings. This may make him the wisest man in all of AthensUmineko.

It's pretty easy to solve a riddle custom made for you alone to solve. :v:

Battler deliberately locked himself up, he set up the entire logic error as a crazy gamble to try and revive Beatrice's memories.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Remember, there's one broken (Win)Chiester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

PetraCore posted:

Augh, it gives me a headache, especially because we're much much much more familiar with the even-more-fictionalized Meta!Battler than we are with the 'real' Battler.

Remember how we are introduced to the Metaworld?

Never forget that Magic is Real, Witches exist, and Beabato is Canon.

• Locked thread