Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If there was going to be illegitimate red text why would they even have red text? Plus they've proven repeatedly that you physically cannot tell a falsehood in red, even if you don't know it's a falsehoood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:allears::allears::allears::allears: one of my favourite scenes in the series is coming up fairly soon and I can't wait

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That song was pretty much the only good thing the anime gave us :( but man is it a great thing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

tiistai posted:

I can think of precisely one thing for which the anime gives a hint that didn't exist in the original VN.

I can think of at least one time the anime blatantly showed a contradiction as fact :mad: I won't mention it here for obvious reasons, but I had a good idea that was 'proven' wrong by the anime, and it ended up being a pretty drat important piece of the puzzle.

I would have figured it out if it weren't for Deen I swear :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why are you all arguing this? A witch did it. Beatrice commit all the murders

It's so simple, a witch did it, the Ushiromiya family is innocent

Please, the witch did it, how is it not obvious by now

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ProfessorProf posted:

We are, for the record, still in Episode 5. The ???? is quite long this time.

I've been waiting for this :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yes yes yes it's time :allears::allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

resurgam40 posted:

Even more silly haired anime girls. Wonderful. I'm so happy. :geno:

:allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

alcharagia posted:

Don't make me laugh, you pathetic child. Not only do vocal songs exist in the original game, so too do voice clips of Commander Data and the Borg Queen!

Oh my god I never realized that's where those clips were from :magical:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh sure throw ONE baby off a cliff and suddenly people think you're a jerk. People these days.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I really want to like Rosa because she's a tragic character beset on all sides by lovely family standards and lovely societal standards but yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh lady

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is it against Knox's Decalogue to kill the detective?

I'm just saying I'd pick Erika over anyone else if I HAD to

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tired Moritz posted:

ohh yes, give me those smug anime girl faces.

Prof if you ever need another new thread title, let this be it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

idonotlikepeas posted:

A good point. He never seemed to warm up to the kids he had via his "official wife", though.

Imagine reclaiming your prestigious family name and a bunch of fascist Italian gold, then realizing your heir is Krauss. I'd wind up being crabby too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

alcharagia posted:

Oh boy! Do I get to say this now? Yay! George was 17 and Shannon was 10.

:stare: oh no

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't help but feel the tiniest bit of pity for Kinzo. The dude built his hell with his own hands, all the power and money in the world but the one thing he wants is Biche back. :smith: His actions are unforgivable but at least it was out of madness and sorrow, not malice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

resurgam40 posted:

Sheesh, when you put it like that... I guess no one really deserves what's going on now, huh?

This is the most succinct summary of Umineko there is

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Who could have suspected, it was Beatrice all along, no one's guilty of anything it was just a cruel witch :smith: just a cruel witch. Let's all just acknowledge Beatrice, and then it's over.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know right? This entire time it was just Beatrice that did all the murders, crazy how this turned out. But hey let's all acknowledge Beatrice! Then we can all revive and go to the golden land! No one is guilty! :buddy:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:yikes: So uh, witches are real, I think we can all agree to that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A - Grapefruit :v: Considering the last riddle from a book they gave us was that bullshit cheese slicing one, they're really easing us into these

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
B - Very Cold :haw: I used to whip out a variation of this riddle all the time as a kid

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got into the series when the anime was announced, so either just before or just after End of the Golden Witch. Even then, there were so many people arguing that the mystery wasn't solvable, and there was no point in trying to figure it out. I imagine that's the goat he's ripping on with this scene, someone going "This mystery is bullshit and impossible so I won't bother" rather than "This is a bit above my paygrade, I'll leave it to the detectives and just enjoy the ride" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ZiegeDame posted:

I got the impression that throwing out wild and improbable theories was preferable than not trying at all.

What I'm saying is Chimpatrice is good and honorable.

Chimpatrice was still a better theory than Battler's small bombs :v: Wild and improbable theories are fair game

• Locked thread