Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Jin, did you forget to buy groceries? ... Looks like air for dinner. Again.
Yep, I agree. Going with A.

I like how we've given up on trusting what the riddles say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Yep, going with C. Rika

After all, Rika is definitely the oldest of them

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Going with E and I didn't even notice that it's Miyoko and Rika that are telling the truth at first. Enjoying the nods to what was going on in Higurashi.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

C

And it all comes full circle back to Monty Hall.

Rune Full Moon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 20, 2017

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

Which of the episodes was (were?) written by a Witch Hunter again?

the first two were message bottles, the next four were written by Hachijo

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Greader posted:

(Or whatever her human/real world version was called, I am bad with names :v:)

Her pen name is Toya Hachijo (八城 十八), her real name is Ikuko Hachijo (八城 幾子).

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

I've only read the manga version of this section. Reading this update... I think I prefer the manga version. A lot.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also it appears that Yoshiya Kanon's allegedly real name is a backwards kana spelling of Sayo.

Yep. Yo-shi-ya -> Shi-ya-yo -> Sha-yo -> Sayo

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Neither, it's 嘉哉. Not sure about furigana.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Additionally, "Yoshiya" is a common Japanese transliteration of the name "Yeshua," or Jesus, and apparently Sayo's name can also be read as "Shaddai" (not as sure about that one), which can be translated as either "god of the wilderness" (and Beatrice is associated with the forest surrounding the mansion), "destroyer" (self-explanatory), and... "pair of breasts"/a fertility goddess :tinfoil:

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

I'm aware this is a stupid question, but can someone please explain to me what happened in this ending? I've always been confused by it ever since the original release, and then I got more confused with the manga's version since it included Battler among the people that... Battler... reunited with in the Golden Land. Which makes slightly more sense to me since some level of Battler died with Beatrice at the bottom of the sea, but then it makes more sense for Battler to be reuniting with them now, except Battler's been dead this whole time, and my head hurts.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Fates End posted:

honestly IMO it's best to disregard anything in the EP8 manga that happens after, like, halfway through Chapter 27.

Including ANGE-Beatrice's witch dress?

PoorWeather posted:

By seeing Rokkenjima and Bearice's portrait one last time, Tohya was able to let go of the part of himself that was still Battler, who (probably metaphorically, if you're some kinda no-magic dweeb) passed on with the rest of his family, including Ange's former self that she let go of at the end of her narrative, and the part of him that died with Yasu at the bottom of the ocean.

Okay, there we go. Thank you. That explains why Ange was there too.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Happy birthday to Sayo, I think.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Randomzx posted:

Seems a lot of people believed Beatrice was somebody else.

Here's something like an eight hour playlist that lists all his points that support the Rosatrice conclusion.

You have no idea how grateful I was when the thread didn't push Rosatrice theory to the end. I think a few people floated it earlier on, but it mostly got abandoned and that theory triggers my "someone is WRONG on the INTERNET" sense something awful.

...no pun intended.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Something that I've been waiting to link here:

http://goatsreadingseacats.tumblr.com/

They stopped part-way through episode 5, but they reference the entire story and the manga as well. As they're going back through the series, they do a more thorough analysis on what parts were fantasy, what were the motives on each gameboard, and why Sayo liked Battler. The part that really got me was the update where one of them suggests that George accidentally gave Shannon the okay to kill them all back in episode 2, when he was talking about how a couple's happiness is complete at the moment of proposal.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

I want to thank Prof for managing to plow through the entire series as fast as you did. I lurked on Shiny777's thread when it was going and once it died, I didn't think I would ever get to read the series. (I did find another LP thread for it on another website, but...)

I also want to thank the thread for understanding Sayo's heart. I read through the series before (see above) and I was extremely disappointed that most of the thread posters didn't understand why Sayo would go to the lengths that they did, didn't think it was fair that Sayo got to go to the Golden Land with everyone else, and generally trashed them. I was afraid I would see the same here, but it was a very pleasant surprise and... well, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

resurgam40 posted:

Well, to be fair, that thread only got partway through the story, not even as far as Chiru.

To be clearer, I'm talking about the thread where I finished the series, not Shiny777's. The other thread went through the entire eight episodes, with some additions from the manga (though the chapters were still coming out at the time).

• Locked thread