Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The four horsemen of the apocalypse have an army of 200 million. America could take those dumb hell bitches by ourselves, let alone the other 6+ billion people in the world.

The four horsemen are pussies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

What I'm saying is, bring it apocalypse!! America can take you.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
buddy we are bringing the apocalypse

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
A stunning revelation, op

Best joke I could think of on the spot

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxlpFSCUYc

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I just broke the first seal 🌑

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
But what about Yggdrasil Op?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
But were the Four Horseman hot chicks? :grin:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dude those four horse riding apocalypse bitches stand no chance. 200 million, bitch please. We got 7 billion ready to fight you dumb mofos.

Not to mention america has a thing called a Aircraft carrier. Ever heard of it, dumb horse rider.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

"Oh no, my poor horse," the angel of the apocalypse said after a sniper blew his dumb horses brain out.

Then he was hit by an ICBM. and died.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
We wouldn't realize until it was too late that the 4 Horse and their Men were trying to prevent an eschaton we ourselves had crafted imho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

you're gonna be real surprised when that horse rides ride out of that mushroom cloud.
REAL surprised.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

But were the Four Horseman hot chicks? :grin:

Like so hot that all men just begin masturbating furiously to them?

Huh.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Katanas are japanese holy swords, do you know how many of those have disseminated into America and are held by those ready to protect us?

Even if the angels of the apocalypse somehow figure out how to disable EVERY gun in the world, how do you disable a holy sword?

Fat chance of taking us out dumb angels.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Like oh you somehow disabled this boomerang I have? how'd you do that? Yeah you dont know, because you didnt.

Oh you disable my throwing dart, how did you do that when its killed 47 of your army already idiot.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
Army of what beings though?

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
i'm the seldom spoken of fifth horseman

i represent the onslaught of anime

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

idiotbitch posted:

Army of what beings though?

You have to use your imagination sometimes with the bible.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

EZEKIEL 23:20

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm not supposed to covet my neighbor's , but how can I help it when he cuts the lawn shirtless in those short jorts.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm not supposed to covet my neighbor's , but how can I help it when he cuts the lawn shirtless in those short jorts.

Love him, he is thy neighbor

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Dopamine, Adrenaline, Acetocholine, Oxytocin

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Four_Horsemen

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 20, 2017

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Wow! Look! It's jesus:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/man-bounces-back-to-life-after-three-days-in-morgue/

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
200 million dragons.

Stupid loving OP read a loving book you sound like a god drat idiot. Dragons don't care about missles.... god... fukin idiots on this forum gd...

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dave_Indeed posted:

200 million dragons.

Stupid loving OP read a loving book you sound like a god drat idiot. Dragons don't care about missles.... god... fukin idiots on this forum gd...

I'd like to see a Dragon survive a Patriot Missile :smug:

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Mr. F! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3bGKMYM_w

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would if it was a patriot dragfon

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

2 KINGS 2:23-24

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

According to the Bible, Should I Buy a Slave?

Does the Bible support slavery?

Are you in the mood to buy yourself a nice slave? Are you wondering what the Bible has to say about this important decision? There are legal and moral considerations to be made on this huge and life changing choice that is before you. Let us discuss what the Bible has to say to you.

Now obviously basically all societies currently on earth frown on slavery. In the United States where I live owning a slave is highly illegal. If a Christian should or should not obey the laws of their land is a complex topic and another study for another day. We do not have time to cover that issue today, but surely we should value Gods perfect laws over the laws of man.

Now one thing is for sure, the Bible speaks about slavery frequently. It covers instructions for slaves, instructions on how masters should treat slaves, the Israelites escape out of the land of slavery, metaphorical slavery, and how slaves can get to heaven. Slavery is mentioned many times in many different contexts. Without doubt this is a topic that is covered far and wide in the Bible.

So let us open up the Holy Word of God and see what is brings to us.

Leviticus 25:44-46
44 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

This seems like a very clear word from God. But it’s not, you have to look more carefully. This is very clearly aimed at the Israelites. So unless you live in Israel and have a Palistinian laying around, we have a bit more work to do. We certainly want to uncover the full mysteries of the Bible. Now we do know that no where in the Bible does it say we cannot or should not own slaves. The Bible lists out many sins and many things that we should not be doing, owning slaves is not one of those things.

In fact, the Bible clearly says that we are all one in Christ, both slave and free men.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all

When the Bible repeats itself with this much frequency, PAY ATTENTION! It is not often that Bible repeats itself over and over like this. So when it does, it must mean something important. Slaves are important and they are one with us in Christ. As the Bible did, I will repeat that: In Christ Jesus we are one in the Spirit together, both free man and slaves. This is exciting news for all of us!

Now there may be some slaves taking part in this study. I do not know how you have gained the ability to read, but if so, good on you! Be cheerful slaves, the Bible has many good words for you. There are several choice passages written in the New Testament with your name right on them. Let us see what the Holy Word has for you.

1 Timothy 6:1-2
1 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them.

Ephesians 6:5-8
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

1 Peter 2:18-20
18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

Colossians 3:22-24
22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

This is not to say that the Good Book has no word for those who would own a slave. It certainly does!

Colossians 4:1
Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Exodus 21:20-21
20 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

There are many more verses on the owning of slaves. Within the Bible this is a deep and well covered subject. So why would the Bible spend so much time telling us how to treat our slaves, and telling our slaves how to act if we were not supposed to have one? It wouldn’t, and we are supposed to have slaves! Slave ownership is a wonderful and pure gift that the Lord God has given us. Some of us are meant to own slaves and some of us are meant to be slaves. Together we are all one in the body of Christ and each of us part of his plan. So go forth and seek God’s will, and if this leads to you owning a slave or two, you will be all the more blessed for doing such a thing in his name.

Further reading:
Luke 12:45-48
Mark 14:66
Exodus 21:7-10
Titus 2:9
Deuteronomy 24:7
2 Kings 4:1
Exodus 20:10
Numbers 31:28-47
Genesis 17:13,27
Deuteronomy 15:12-18

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. F! posted:

Dragons are just nerd brains in aluminium bodies, you can take one out with a baseball bat.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cSzw9eUZOs

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Uh America is one of the horsemen, idiots.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

realbez posted:

Uh America is one of the horsemen, idiots.

Too fat to be Famine, too ineffectual to be War, (still) too vaccinated to be Pestilence...

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i for one am completely petrified op

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

Shouldn't have looked back. Sorry about sodom

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i rode a horse once should i be worried?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
according to the bible you should love your neighbor

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life
you have to understand op. that army is capable of magic

just one of those horsemen could crush america in it's palm

it's a good thing the bible is a fairy tale

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

:wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
fun fact: 666, aka the number of the beast, is actually a code translating the letters of the Hebrew phrase "Emperor Nero" into numbers.

This was a way for early Christian to call Nero the antichrist without flat out saying so.

• Locked thread