Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Who was the main target demographic of this show in its hey day? Like specific demographic.

Someone will probably know better than I, but I'm not sure if the networks were really aiming for specific demographics back when Cheers started.

I mean it's definitely not meant to appeal to kids but I don't know if they were laser-focused on specific age ranges back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'll moderate the wiki

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cosmik Slop posted:

Focus on other things to distract yourself, like when patrons in Cheers come in, order a drink, don't pay, don't drink it, and leave.

Was a bar tab a thing back then? I know The Simpsons did a number of jokes about patrons having bar tabs, but I have no idea whether that was still a thing into the 80s or if those were throwback jokes.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FilthyImp posted:

Apparently this is terrifying when voiced by a woman because a lot of her quirks made it over to Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory and he's just oh so "loveable" despite being worse in every way.

...wait, people find Sheldon charming? :stare:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Maris is basically a young female Monty Burns.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I find "Roz, a Loan" much more uncomfortable.

T.H. i want need to know which heads are being oiled and rubbed together in your dream episode

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

"maybe we should rub our fat heads together sometime... maybe a little oil... two fat heads... together... oil...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

WampaLord posted:

It was while Cheers was on, so I think that reaction was pretty common

yeah, it was either '91 or '92, so "years of Frasier before ever seeing this" would have been the standard reaction

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone commented on how hot Roz is? Because she's banging.

no, nobody has. you're the first. pervert

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

dangerstepp posted:

As a child, I felt really out of touch with Frasier whenever he grew the beard late into Cheers. I felt like it wasn't premiere Fras.

Also:

guessing it's just a reskin of the "My Dinner With Andre" video game

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Despite what anyone says, I still think Frasier is a good show.

hosed up if true

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Darthemed posted:

yeah okay but which non-Cheers-universe sitcoms would you most want to see do crossover episode(s) with Fraiser

KEEPING

UP

APPEARANCES

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Wait, am I reading this right, you're paying for Hulu and they're still hitting you with commercials??

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
The blue swooshes down the 'pits are evocative of the... orchestra conductor hair that Frasier had in the early seasons.

(Is there a term for Frasier's early-series hair?)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I got really skeeved out by Sam breaking down Diane's door, although generally I found it still worked as a show.

I started watching it after I finished a watchthrough of Frasier last year, although what led me to dropping it was that something about Diane kept reminding me of my ex and I didn't really want those feelings while watching a sitcom.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A procedural where every werk the Crane Boys as fully grown forty-something adults solve encyclopedia brown level mysteries.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

frasier and niles as bumbling holmes-ian detectives. no, wait! they're competing: frasier's watson is roz, and niles's watson is daphne. roz uses her ~*feminine charms*~ to attempt to get information out of suspects (usually getting distracted and laid), while daphne uses her psychic powers which often lead them to find evidence for crimes unrelated to the case they're working on.

season finale: frasier and niles spend the entire episode trying to pin bulldog for various sex crimes. totally ineffectual.

then at the end lilith swoops down and reveals he was - what else? - running an off-track betting ring all along.

season (series?) finale: frasier and niles confront their worst nightmare: patton "the bloodguzzler" oswalt. parton is defeated in the final act when he is thrust into contact with maris; the extreme osmotic pressure between osmart's titanic bloodlard, and the bloodless husk of maris, result in patton detonating like a monster from Dig-Dug.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I haven't watched most of Cheers (I tried after I finished my watch-through of Frasier a couple years ago, wound up dropping it after a season and a half or so)... is Lilith actually as terrible as she's made out to be in Frasier?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I just now realized he's supposed to be in costume as Sideshow Bob

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

codo27 posted:

Misses & myself had a hotel room last night. Do what you normally do when you get a room, then we both head out. She's gone with her girlfriends for one of their birthdays. I go to the pub but come back early. Get comfortable and sit on the bed to watch some TV. I notice the bed is made. Wait a second, we didn't leave til like 8, why would a cleaner come in that late? They didn't. We didn't even wrinkle the sheets

sir, this is a frasier thread

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's going to be the same basic show, except Frasier and Niles will be traveling around in a van solving mysteries.

frasier and niles as bumbling holmes-ian detectives. no, wait! they're competing: frasier's watson is roz, and niles's watson is daphne. roz uses her ~*feminine charms*~ to attempt to get information out of suspects (usually getting distracted and laid), while daphne uses her psychic powers which often lead them to find evidence for crimes unrelated to the case they're working on.

season finale: frasier and niles spend the entire episode trying to pin bulldog for various sex crimes. totally ineffectual.

then at the end lilith swoops down and reveals he was - what else? - running an off-track betting ring all along.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this suddenly seems very appropriate:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Frank Frank posted:

My favorite part of this is that the Jack Russell terrier still exists and it’s just a normal dog

that makes sense, there's still little birds in the disney duck media