Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ein cooler Typ posted:

When I was a kid my dad wouldn't let me watch Frasier because he thought Frasier and Niles were a homosexual couple

It's a testament to his acting ability that John Mahoney, one of the gayest dudes in Hollywood played the straightest character on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

Cheers S1 - S5: great

Cheers S6 - whatever: don't loving bother

Nah. Watch the whole thing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Carpet posted:

Just found this scene from the second(?) Frasier/Lillith Cheers episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAb1W6FJ2qo

drat Lillith looking like a snack

Did Frazier jizz in his pants?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'd enjoy the episode where GoonFrasier sweatily brings the lady a printer while whining in four four time.

Fraiser decides that his dad's black and white inkjet printer isn't good enough for her so he decides to have a giant color laser All-in-one office multi-function printer delivered to her apartment. However they can't deliver until the next day, which is too late for his plans. So Frasier pushes it through downtown Seattle in the rain all the way to her apartment only to find she ended up going down the block to Kinko's to have it done.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I’m watching the episode of Cheers where Sam and Dianne go to Frasier’s and Lillith’s for dinner. It’s loving hilarious.

Overall Cheers has aged really well and it doesn’t feel too dated. The jokes are still funny and the writing still clever. I’m going to rewatch Frasier after I finish Cheers. My first time since it aired on TV. I hope it holds up too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Laterite posted:

it still blows my mind that kelsey grammer was only 29 when he first appeared on cheers

If CBS/Paramount/Viacom is going in on revivals, where's the Cheers revival. It would most likely suck but I can guarantee it would get them subscribers.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 25, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Royal Updog posted:

You seem a bit confused

Why is that?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rockman Reserve posted:

for starters cheers is nbc

It aired on NBC but it’s a ViacomCBS owned property, same as Frasier.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

When can technology give us the Cheers/Always Sunny crossover we deserve

e can't decide what the Danny DeVito situation would be, I'm leaning towards "old and young DeVito interact as their respective characters but in the whole bar only Charlie acknowledges that they are the same person"

DeVito never appeared in Cheers. You’re thinking of Taxi.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Your semi-annual reminder that taxi ruled and was ahead of its time

Taxi is really good. Everyone is great in it. If you want to watch it I would recommend hunting down the dvds. Not all the episodes are available streaming. I’m not sure if it’s a music issue. I haven’t watched it in a while so I’d have to check out the missing episodes to see if that’s the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Craig K posted:

okay lilith's back. im glad the show was revived 10/10

It was a pretty good episode, and not just because of the guest appearance. Frasier was great because you had that dynamic between the three Crane boys. This show is missing that because it's really just Frasier and Freddie (Niles kid is barely a character). Having that third person with Lilith to play off of really helped. I also noticed Kelsey and Bebe were both breaking character and practically laughing at each other's jokes. It was nice :)