Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
New post on Square Enix's recruitment page :)

quote:

Yoko Taro:
Hello. NieR series director Yoko Taro here. Thanks to everyone’s support, it appears that we will be carrying out various developments in regard to NieR. Nonetheless, there are limits to what lazy Yoko can do on his own. So I told Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito, “I can’t handle ANYMORE,” and now I get to round up a team of people to work with me, so I’m putting out a call for talented individuals.

Some people may be concerned by the thought, “What kind of person is Yoko?” I, too, am truly the same and full of worry in regard to, “What kind of people will come our way…?” However, for the time being, I think it may be good for us fellow uneasy people to talk a bit among each other.

*Lick-lick*.

Yosuke Saito:
I have consulted with Yoko. What will we do with NieR from here on? This hit was a one-hit wonder, wasn’t it? We’ve hit our peak and there’s no going higher, that must be it. Things like that. But it definitely feels like there are a great many people waiting on the world of NieR. No, I’m sure of it.

That said, Yoko is not God. He’s human. He sometimes cries, and he sometimes gets discouraged. I’d like to take this opportunity to recruit those who could help Yoko and together weave the world of NieR, so we have now begun “NieR-related product scenario staff recruitment.”

It may be a hard to get in, but please apply if you’re interested. Thank you.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

julian assflange posted:

Okami is being re-re-mastered with 4K support on PS4, Xbox One and PC :rms: That owns so hard.

Holy , Christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

I love Japan

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yoko....

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just had a horrifying realization: although Japan delivered an insane amount of earnest GOTY candidates, like Final Fantasy XV, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and more, all the American GOTY awards are going to go to Bethesda's Wolfenstein sequel so people can use their awards lists/shows as a platform for their tepid political takes fffffffuuuuuuuuu

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

At least when this BS happens I can look back smugly and say yes, I did indeed 'zi that one coming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That game looks so stupid.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

That game looks so stupid.

its really a shame because the first was fun

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

cant believe bethesda ruined another game by Proverbially going Fonzie Jumping the Shark

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I do hope it's a vast improvement over the last one, but a Bethesda game getting GOTY awards is just a sickening concept in general. 2011 was a much weaker year than this was but Skyrim getting all the awards still sucked to see

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just had a horrifying realization: although Japan delivered an insane amount of earnest GOTY candidates, like Final Fantasy XV, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and more, all the American GOTY awards are going to go to Bethesda's Wolfenstein sequel so people can use their awards lists/shows as a platform for their tepid political takes fffffffuuuuuuuuu

PUBG is gonna take every GOTY due to its ease of instant streaming income despite 75% of the userbase being Chinese idlers farming cool drops

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PUBG is gonna take every GOTY due to its ease of instant streaming income despite 75% of the userbase being Chinese idlers farming cool drops

NooooOOOOOOOO

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Surely, early access games are considered ineligible. Surely...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm finally wrapping up the story of Yakuza 0 and I just noticed: the in-engine cutscenes will act like normal cutscenes (people just keep talking and the scene continues uninterrupted) but if you press any of the face buttons, the cutscenes will act like a 'classic' cutscene (you have to press x for every new line of dialogue) I've literally never seen a video game do this before. What is this called, and why doesn't every game do it? It's really neat and convenient.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm finally wrapping up the story of Yakuza 0 and I just noticed: the in-engine cutscenes will act like normal cutscenes (people just keep talking and the scene continues uninterrupted) but if you press any of the face buttons, the cutscenes will act like a 'classic' cutscene (you have to press x for every new line of dialogue) I've literally never seen a video game do this before. What is this called, and why doesn't every game do it? It's really neat and convenient.

my man i think your crossed over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The persona games from golden and beyond have this setting, where it goes auto but if you hit X it swaps back to Push to Advance

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
smt iv has it. and also a button to hide the chat box so you can watch the gfx and stuff. its nice, i dont usually use the auto button though. i wanna say fire emblem has it too but i might be wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That would require me to not skip cutscenes in fire Emblem

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I.N.R.I posted:

smt iv has it. and also a button to hide the chat box so you can watch the gfx and stuff. its nice, i dont usually use the auto button though. i wanna say fire emblem has it too but i might be wrong

Fir emblem has the thing where you hold a button to fast forward

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

That would require me to not skip cutscenes in fire Emblem

i agree with your sentiment lol.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

The persona games from golden and beyond have this setting, where it goes auto but if you hit X it swaps back to Push to Advance

I also like how all the Dragon Quest games I've played except for Builders let you advance text using the D-pad. Good for one handed gaming imo

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I also like how all the Dragon Quest games I've played except for Builders let you advance text using the D-pad. Good for one handed gaming imo

you know what else is good for one hand gaming lol..... [/s]lara croft tig ol' bitties!!![/s] Morrigan's win screen in Marvel vs Capcom 1. give me the nude code XD

edit: sorry for posting about a western game in the Japan = win thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chill Penguin posted:

you know what else is good for one hand gaming lol..... [/s]lara croft tig ol' bitties!!![/s] Morrigan's win screen in Marvel vs Capcom 1. give me the nude code XD

You suck bitch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Chain probate this retard

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I do hope it's a vast improvement over the last one, but a Bethesda game getting GOTY awards is just a sickening concept in general. 2011 was a much weaker year than this was but Skyrim getting all the awards still sucked to see

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I sincerely hope not.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Congratulations to the PC Mustard Race for slowly and steadily catching up to Greatness! http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Congratulations to the PC Mustard Race for slowly and steadily catching up to Greatness! http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/

"Ready to die? Experience the newest brutal action game from Team NINJA an..."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nioh is a team ninja joint with diablo like loot and a Tough Game Image like dark souls. i haven't played it but avoid like the plague and the noid.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-02-nioh-confirmed-for-pc-out-november-via-steam

quote:

The PC version can be played either on Action Mode, which features a stable 60fps, or on Movie Mode, which is described as a cinematic option that can expand the resolution to 4K. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Nioh is good u weirdos . The level and boss design doesn't live up but the combat is really fun if you like Souls and deviates enough to keep it really interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I honestly didn't think this would happen since Sony published it in the US. I got bored of it either way

• Locked thread