Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

nioh is a team ninja joint with diablo like loot and a Tough Game Image like dark souls. i haven't played it but avoid like the plague and the noid.

i played it for 2 hours at a friends house and it was hard not to see the loot crap getting really messy, fast. also every enemy was Human with Sword and Big Human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, Yakuza 0, BYE BYE BOXBOY, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Ever Oasis, Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, Splatoon 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Ys VIII, Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Xenoblade II, yeah, it's the Year of Japan

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, Yakuza 0, BYE BYE BOXBOY, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Ever Oasis, Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, Splatoon 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Ys VIII, Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Xenoblade II, yeah, it's the Year of Japan

beautiful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think anybody played Ys VIII

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I am once I beat ys 7

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SEGA is selling cds of Majima's karaoke songs in Yakuza. Japan = Win.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wouldn’t buy that but at the same time it owns

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

also every enemy was Human with Sword and Big Human

dark souls 2 an d 3 ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I don't think anybody played Ys VIII

its 60 dollars and looks worse than most ps2 games

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Pretty sure it was meant to be a Vita exclusive until late in development

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS4 version was pretty explicitly a port, it came out quite a bit after the Vita version IIRC. They probably did it bc otherwise no one would translate a western release

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I played the demo and it seemed really bland. Like playing a Tales game instead of Ys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed it but it has tens of hours of cutscenes for no reason. Also I miss the single protag style

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys rules. Apparently the ps4 version also has a bunch of poo poo exclusive to it, like extra dungeons and single protag mode lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still need to finish MoC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

single protag mode lol

I hadn't heard about this, weird. I wonder how that even works because the party members have certain skills you need to clear obstacles and crap out in the world

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I hadn't heard about this, weird. I wonder how that even works because the party members have certain skills you need to clear obstacles and crap out in the world

It sounds like you get it from after main game stuff.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Capcom are releasing a Devil May Cry HD collection

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

julian assflange posted:

Oh awesome. 3 more lovely games 😁 so excited to play that trash again lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Liquid Drink posted:

Oh awesome. 3 more lovely games 😁 so excited to play that trash again lol

You will find happiness one day, OP.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also where the gently caress is Ace Combat 7?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Devil May Cry sucks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Also where the gently caress is Ace Combat 7?

2018 still

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

julian assflange posted:

they already did that on ps3 and 360

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
capcom is also releasing okami HD on PS4 and PC next week and I sincerely could not be more excited to play a re-release of a remaster.

thank you japan

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dmc 3 and 4 are cool but i can't see ne reason to play dmc 1 again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Expect My Mom posted:

capcom is also releasing okami HD on PS4 and PC next week and I sincerely could not be more excited to play a re-release of a remaster.

thank you japan

its so slow paced and hand holdy i had to stop after 3 hours. like it felt even more slow and hand holdy than skyward sword.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it sure looks nice tho. and okami doesn't have a clinically depressed sword handing out hints like skyward sword

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okami is one of those games that has perpetually been on my must play list for like 10 years

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Okami is one of those games that has perpetually been on my must play list for like 10 years

Same

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's good but very slow to start. Stick with it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This will be the third time of owning it and it owns so much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

mysterious loyall X posted:

its so slow paced and hand holdy i had to stop after 3 hours. like it felt even more slow and hand holdy than skyward sword.
yeah it's super slow with a lot of dialogue and also just a generally long game, but i love the aesthetic and mood a lot so i find it really chill

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When it came out on the PS2 it looked incredible for the time. Keen to see it in 4K

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i cant even imagine it at 4K

i played the wii version on my lovely tv in high school so a PS4 version on a nice TV while on winter break sounds amazing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Okami was a better game than twilight princess

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's not a significant accomplishment

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

okami starts off painfully slow but it's still not as bad as the ds prequel okamiden. I couldn't even play through the intro part before just giving up from boredom. my wife enjoyed it a lot though so eh.

I will end up purchasing okami again cause it's gorgeous as hell and fun enough for 30 bucks or whatever. Once you get off the rails a bit the world is insanely fun to explore. I don't think a game has captured running around so satisfactorily.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

my morning jackass posted:

okami starts off painfully slow but it's still not as bad as the ds prequel okamiden. I couldn't even play through the intro part before just giving up from boredom. my wife enjoyed it a lot though so eh.

I will end up purchasing okami again cause it's gorgeous as hell and fun enough for 30 bucks or whatever. Once you get off the rails a bit the world is insanely fun to explore. I don't think a game has captured running around so satisfactorily.

well you just said that the first one also starts slow and you seem to like it a lot.. why not give the other one a fair shake too

• Locked thread