Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

theyre better at making games cause they care more + understand the medium better, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The bulk of western developers, including every AAA dev, have grown increasingly obsessed with either replacing or melding with Hollywood and they don't seem to understand that video games are a completely separate medium from movies/TV and that insane production budgets and A-list celebrity casting is actually detrimental in the long run

yeah for sure, it seems like even when japan does movie style stuff like mgs and ff they are still aware of how to keep the movie thing in check.

i talked to harry gregson williams once about working with kojima and i guess a lot of kojima's direction was over email, stuff like "imagine.... you are looking at someone, and they can't see you. now imagine you are looking at them.. and they can see you!"

wheras his scoring call of duty was like, he was watching video of kevin spacey in a mocap suit doing goofy poo poo.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Today somebody walked into the subway and audibly exclaimed Holy poo poo a Vita and then changed cars.

lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

cause its on the ds and doesnt look as good i am guessing

• Locked thread