Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't get into God Hand at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While there are a lot of good Japanese games you also have to thank Japan for the rise of microtransactions gotcha and loot boxes. The world is full of gray areas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

don't forget handheld gameing

I do it every day on my commute

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today somebody walked into the subway and audibly exclaimed Holy poo poo a Vita and then changed cars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

cool tip for you jrpg hogs: atlus is unveiling some new games this sunday (6am on the east coast)

Oh baby.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God hand was the first game I played on PS3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this might be the most insane comparison ive ever seen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

western ost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48

jp ost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3yi_zFe6Ic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aren't the PS2 on PS3 games just emulations?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What are the other great years?

2016, 2015, 1998

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Country of 2 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

わいと ぴっぐ ご ほむ

it would all be katakana not hiragana you ばかがいじん

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this saame leak also has a listing for Shenmue 1+2 PS4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That game looks so stupid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm finally wrapping up the story of Yakuza 0 and I just noticed: the in-engine cutscenes will act like normal cutscenes (people just keep talking and the scene continues uninterrupted) but if you press any of the face buttons, the cutscenes will act like a 'classic' cutscene (you have to press x for every new line of dialogue) I've literally never seen a video game do this before. What is this called, and why doesn't every game do it? It's really neat and convenient.

The persona games from golden and beyond have this setting, where it goes auto but if you hit X it swaps back to Push to Advance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That would require me to not skip cutscenes in fire Emblem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think anybody played Ys VIII

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS4 version was pretty explicitly a port, it came out quite a bit after the Vita version IIRC. They probably did it bc otherwise no one would translate a western release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed it but it has tens of hours of cutscenes for no reason. Also I miss the single protag style

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

single protag mode lol

I hadn't heard about this, weird. I wonder how that even works because the party members have certain skills you need to clear obstacles and crap out in the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Also where the gently caress is Ace Combat 7?

2018 still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be playing the 3ds version first, though im buying the ps4 version at the same time. seems like it would be hard to do it the other way around

they still haven't said whether or not the 3DS version is even getting translated, but I hope it does

• Locked thread