Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
they really are making us look like a bunch of clowns this year. mass effect: andromeda was all the clowns crabwalking and mugging as they exited the clown car and dooted around the big top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

japanese FPS games: RE7, Metroid Prime, Wii Sports Resort?

I think Prime was made by a Western studio.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The bulk of western developers, including every AAA dev, have grown increasingly obsessed with either replacing or melding with Hollywood and they don't seem to understand that video games are a completely separate medium from movies/TV and that insane production budgets and A-list celebrity casting is actually detrimental in the long run

Yeah, I think the problem is that Western companies are trying to please everyone within a wide demographic of people in order to make as much money as humanly possible, where the Japanese business model of "Sold enough to keep the lights on last year; adjust for inflation and do the same thing this year" leaves their developers more inclined to just not give much of a gently caress about anyone except their little hyperniche corner of the market, which leads to more interesting, creative games that, even when they're blatantly pandering failures, still have some kind of weird integrity to them. This just happens to be an especially bad year of failures- especially when stacked against what Japan is putting out- for the West (so far).

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I never played God Hand, but I wish I had.

• Locked thread