Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

julian assflange posted:

Dropping by with an early plea to gas this thread
Not until all the posters in it are probated for rivals.com puns

Alain Post posted:

Poois Shamilton.
Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MustardFacial posted:

their lovely TJI head design.
Particularly ironic because i believe Honda invented TJI in the sixties

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's the difference between Bad Lotus and Good Lotus? Considering that my understanding is neither is related in any way to Colin Lotus

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like England and I don't mind Lewis too much although I don't want him to win but really what I hate are the British media. We can all agree on this surely, the British media are the worst of all medias.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of shitposts I'm going to have to read when the season actually starts if the thread post rate is this high before practice even starts

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yes but the sheer volume of them that may be to come

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

simplefish posted:

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there's
no occasion to.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Lance the killer Stroll
Lance being pushed around in his Stroller

Because he's a baby

For all you British people with your narrow language, that's the word for "pram"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Less than 5 hours until FP1 :woop:
Wow, that's actually at a reasonable time for me in the only sensible timezone on earth (EDT). But then it's just practice, the races will be at 4am.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marsisol posted:

I was just cruising the NBC Sports website and it says that they will have some dedicated streams for every race/quali/practice including driver tracking, a dedicated pit lane feed, and on-board feeds.

It seems amazing, did they have this last year?
Yeah they've had that for a while but I never knew if it was because I could log in with a legit cable co. account or if it was free to the public

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

3. Haas really need a new break supplier.
Hass's break supplier is doing a phenomenal job. What they need is a brake supplier

Norns posted:

And the Merc IUD seemed safe too.
But but none of the other teams will be able to get it because of Trump's new health insurance

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mc-c-c-c-c-cLaren Hond-d-d-da

https://twitter.com/MrAlexF1/status/845258781189648384

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Actually I think a Honda engineer would say that they're working on 14 independent unrelated projects all of which are likely to solve that problem real soon.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Polesitter Hamilton
Never not sitting on poles

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F-f-f-forzz-z-za Mc-c-c-cLaren

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Sincerely believe he is a WDC-quality driver.
The greatest American

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Our Nico is a Monacan Finn

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He's not Swiss or French, he's in P6 for Haas, he's fuckin American motherfucker

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

blunt posted:

Bring back Turkey :colbert:
European Grand Prix!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

NASCAR starts at 3:50 EST if you want to watch cars constantly pass each other for three hours.
Pretty sure NASCAR is on its last legs now too, as evidenced by the fact that they lost Spongebob Squarepants and Cheez-It as race sponsors.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

MotoGP is extremely good right now btw
Are we allowed to talk about actual good racing in this thread? Isn't that probatable like rivals.com puns?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also Nico is Cool and Good and Ferrari is Cool and Good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
FOM is still pulling lots of youtubes and streamables. Bernie is not dead. But until he gets around to this one, here:

https://streamable.com/v9nrm

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

60s commentary is so much better than Crofty. Properly spoken gentlemen.
Murray Walker, F1 commentator extraordinaire from 1934 to 1998

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

I'm a fan of pit strategy wins so the formula works for me.
Not the fan F1 needs, but the fan F1 deserves

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

let the hate flow through you.
The fan F1 needs

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

BMW was never very successful though? I'd hardly call them Savants.
Aren't the BMW turbo quali engines from the 80s still the most powerful F1 engines ever made? Didn't they win a championship or two?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

IndyCar is like an American tv show. The big story lines are wrapped up at the end of each episode.
They actually have a "PUSH TO PASS" button in the cars. Shameful and low class. Not like DRS.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dudley posted:

That series that somehow manages to have 5 separate qualifying sessions every weekend?
Yet none of them are called "qualifying"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

dentist toy box posted:

Lewis just mad he didn't win.
So you might say he is a Sham and also is Poo?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

EU bureaucrats who hate Lewis
Lewis should stop rubber stamping the tyranny in Brussels and have his own referendum on Lewexit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I bet he gets high and sleeps a lot, he seems like a real chill dude.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah that last one was just pit stop luck. Rule Hamiltonnia.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That helmet is cool and good, one must admit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

What's the best era of F1?
1934-39

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Vettel is Sanders.
This is very important and everyone should know that Alonso is in fact Bernie Sanders. The champion we all need but do not deserve and who cannot win despite obviously being the best because the system is rigged.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't care if they're 3 laps down in a Marussia, you shouldn't have to move over for anybody, just race your goddamn racecar. That's how bikes work. Bunch of nanny state blue flag bleeding hearts driving these cars around here.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bryter posted:

Red Bull (who you kind of want to gently caress off from the sport altogether).
But then who will Horny Spice work for?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

English fans just don't want to admit that the most objectively fraudulent WDC was clearly Hunt in '76.
So obviously true, Our Niki missed a race or two entirely because he was melting in a burn ward, and came back heroically to finish a race while he was still melting shortly after. Their James was so busy breeding birds (budgies) and breeding birds (women) that even with these massive setbacks to his opponent he still only took the championship by 1 point. Our Niki MWDC '76 for the Scud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

TurboDrizzle posted:

But using wicka logic, where HAM lost early in the year by not driving better in his incredible recovery drives from the back of the field (sometimes literally) deep into the points , how does Niki "Crispy Batter bit from the side of the fryer" Lauda catch a break for literally parking his perfectly functional car on the championship deciding race? All he had to do is score 2 points and he'd have won. That's a clear MWDC disqualification. He didn't merely "not drive better", he stopped driving completely!
Yes, but:
1976 was right around when Bernie bought the TV rights to F1, and the Suzuka race direction was influenced to run it before a certain time in the day because it needed to be broadcast at a certain time for good ratings, despite the track conditions being suicidal. Therefore Niki by unilaterally withdrawing from the race was the first and only driver ever to defy the murderous tyranny of Tzar Ecclestone, at some considerable cost to himself. This makes Niki MWDC for all years 1976-2016 inclusive.

• Locked thread