Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

iospace posted:

He's currently 16 points up on them.
Stroll 2017 points vs McLaren 2017 points should be in the offseason thread title, that's just amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

My memory at the time is that it was the latter. There is little awareness in Spain that blackface is not the done thing
A couple years ago Marquez, who is the top rider for Honda's factory MotoGP team, went to the race at Motegi (which is in Japan, while working for Honda which is a Japanese company, and with Japanese people in his pit crew) with a special helmet with a cartoon of himself making a squinty eyed racist face on it. Not making this up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But Nando doesn't still rise

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Despite the lack of entries, the racing in LMP has been pretty good the last few years, at Le Mans anyway, I never really watch the other ones. Now that Jackie Chan is dominating LMP2 and the overall finishing places, I expect a new golden age of endurance racing. F1 can't compete with Jackie Chan.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

The people with a vested interest in promoting WEC will tell you that everyone is pretty much driving flat out these days. How much truth there is to that I couldn't tell you.
The commentators (including drivers as guest commentators) have been saying that for a few years now. Yet F1 drivers spend 2 hours every sunday managing fuel and tires. The most fraudulent series?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Alonso is at Daytona this January. In case anyone missed that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

I've not no experience whatsoever on a bike

1500quidporsche posted:

The ones I primarily were looking at were the 748s
As a bike mechanic this is my professional opinion on that

Norns posted:

I'm going to pay to get this put on your head stone

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Is it common practice for Bike mechanics to take cams out and polish out pits with some grinder from home depot instead of taking it to a machine shop or just buying loving new cams?
Sounds like a lot of work either way. I ran this one for about 10k miles. It looked exactly the same when I put it in before. But this is superior German metallurgy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Appropriate that it's a Suzuki

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
So I'm not well versed in oval racing, is that a drawing of Dale Jr. with Dale Sr.'s fatal crash reflected in his sunglasses? If so, I don't see how this thread can really be the worst thread, NASCAR is just on another level.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Marky Mark is gonna have to crash out for Dovi to win it isn't he? Depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiogMwMIWJo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but for Dovi to win win, Mark has to crash (or finish 16th+?) AND Dovi has to win the race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

No one should be rich. Take all their money.
But then we wouldn't have Formula 1 Podiumer Lance Stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

As Italy turns, so does the world
Isn't this an inter-war quote from one of the fascist regimes? Good post for a good thread.

Dubs posted:

GAS & FART
Same.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's a few hundred Porguese spectator deaths compared to our enjoyment of motor racing?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Surtees is the only man to win it on bikes and cars. Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, they don't even dream of such achievements.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Can you imagine how great F1 would have been with an actual person in it like Rossi? Instead of robots like Vettel Hamilton Rosberg Raikkonen Verstappen Hulkenberg Perez Massa...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Seriously, you'd think battery dev would be one of the main points of the sport

• Locked thread