Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

And yet, still beat Lewis.
I saw a few interviews with Nico since the WDC on the youtubes (nobody shares these interviews because Nico is boring) but they were kind of interesting because a couple times he mentions specific things he did differently in 2016 in terms of training and race prep and poo poo. Like he got a new personal trainer or something and he stopped bicycling because it builds muscles he doesn't need and he practiced a new kind of meditation/visualization. I mean he's the new Schumacher here basically. Through sheer force of mind and effort he willed himself into the championship. A triumph of the will, you might say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The filthy backwards and isolationist place known as l'Angleterre?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Fernando who?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/847486217549565952

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nsaP posted:

Hey, RevDrMosesPLester hasn't been banned!
I really try in this thread but everyone else is so nazi that my nazi posts are barely even noticed, much less commented on or reported:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I saw a few interviews with Nico since the WDC on the youtubes (nobody shares these interviews because Nico is boring) but they were kind of interesting because a couple times he mentions specific things he did differently in 2016 in terms of training and race prep and poo poo. Like he got a new personal trainer or something and he stopped bicycling because it builds muscles he doesn't need and he practiced a new kind of meditation/visualization. I mean he's the new Schumacher here basically. Through sheer force of mind and effort he willed himself into the championship. A triumph of the will, you might say.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Michael Schumacher STILL has a personal trainer!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Triple A posted:

They could always have both NA and Turbo engines on the grid at the same time. Adjust rules so they both are competitive as needed.
ACO's (or is it WEC's?) system has done amazingly well at encouraging wildly different engine designs and yet providing close racing at the top level while still ensuring that only Germans will win.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And history has proven Prost right. As well as not dead.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Vettel ... is easily the best
Hard to disagree, he's German, he's driving a Ferrari, he's winning. What's not to like?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

djssniper posted:

Watch the BBC doc I quoted earlier, talent doesn't guarentee a drive
Filthy Canadian oligarch money does

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To change the topic from smelly pissy things (F1) to something better, the formula e race yesterday was genuinely good in case anyone didn't know.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You really should only be pissing yourself if you're in a spacecraft without a toilet during an unpredicted launch delay. Any other circumstance just seems like an embarrassment of poor planning.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Speaking of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWr5ETF92j8

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like the Home Depot phillips head wood screws holding the mirror in

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

gently caress you my favorite driver is dead :(
Speaking of people who deserve better, Fernando The Great is stuck in the worst car and Kelly Piquet is stuck with Bad Luck Daniil Blyat. She deserves at least a Grosjean if not an Alonso.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but D'Ambrosio was causing such a backup behind him there, we must do something to encourage overtaking in this sport. Perhaps a Drag Reduction System?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why is the motor coughing?
Cause it's poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Flesh Croissant posted:

"Poois Shamilton" and "Princess Pascal"
Is Vercrappen probatable but Verstrappon not? I feel like one of those caused an issue in the past but the other didn't. I think they're both great and appropriate though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Here's a video from a series where Honda and French people can win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44EJE8mJSxI

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I wasn't one to admit it in the past but I think it's true that more RPMs = better than. Some of the old GP bikes from the 70s could rev to near 20k and they sound pretty amazing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Who was the last good Italian driver? Ascari? Wow. Andretti? He pretends to be American though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nelson is the wall poster we need but Ron is the wall poster we deserve

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I could understand Honda being useless fuckups if they were just taking money from MCLRN and blowing it all on hookers and coke. But it's the other way around, Honda is paying most of the budget of an entire F1 team just so they can watch their own engines fall apart. Why do this?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

One sentence, two words: no Spaniards.
Anyone who watches MotoGP should appreciate why this fact makes IndyCar so great

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://twitter.com/Rowlinson_F1/status/849596572170113024

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Vettel the 4-time fraud can't get past a MCLRN

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Funzo posted:

Watching FP1 on the NBC sports app, and there's no commentary at all. It's really weird not hearing an old British guy say "phwoar!" every few minutes.
I think either one of those options is better than Sky

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's hosed up that the United States has better coverage of F1 than England, despite having commercial breaks.
You'll notice though that none of the commentators on either side are American. America just knows how to hire good people, unlike England

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
One good thing about the commentatorless NBC stream, you can hear how lovely the Honda engine still is (although it does seem to be able to upshift now)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Well I hope the local airport had a fun practice session cause the local GP race didn't

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm just going to keep loudly saying how great my dad's snap-on one is until he caves.
Snap-ons truly are the best. I saw a video of some TV thing in Japan where Japanese Honda mechanics were taking apart a 1960s Honda GP motorcycle. (HRC motorcycle engineers are the best in the world, unlike Honda car engineers who are shameful and bad) They all used Snap-on. Also Made in America.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Guys what if Honda was good? Power of loving DREAMS
More like dreams of power

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

They're just stealing the MotoGP gimmick and MotoGP is way better at it.
I don't disagree but I think F1 has bettered itself by stealing that gimmick.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://twitter.com/gianludale27/status/850280556205977600

Only the goodest drivers sleep in the car (Nelson, Kimi)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wuffles posted:

He qualified 10th, time to pay the stroll toll bitches :getin:
This is a good post and I hope that whenever Stroll crashes into someone the other driver will be said to have paid the Stroll toll

Wirth1000 posted:

I wanna know if he actually regrets his decision post-di Montezemolo.
He actually had a pretty good argument when people were asking him WHY when he left Ferrari. He was like "I'm aiming for the WDC. If a Ferrari wins the WDC next year then I was wrong to leave. If they don't then I was right." I wouldn't think coming || that close for years in a row is more satisfying than not coming close. Look what it did to Our Nico, it drove him so mad he strategized and trained and outperformed Their Lewis just so he could say he did it once and then leave.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

I hope Alonso retires and lives happy i dont why but the guy gives me Senna vibes with his latest interviews.
Except if he died in a race he wouldn't go down in history as a dangerous Brazilian fraud

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Crashing out of four consecutive races is a peak??
In a car so good that Their Damon nearly beat Schumacher in it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also if anyone wants to know what good commentators are, BTSport2 MotoGP is on right now. Best motorsports commentators on earth. You will weep when you return to Sky for the next Lewis Hamilton win.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

I hate Max Verstappen. Die stupid bitch die <- Me shooting Max Verstappen with a Colt Single Action Army
Pretty hard to poke holes in this argument, I have to say

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

It's legit a good pink livery, too.
Me and another bike mechanic were debating this the other day. We think it could be a better pink. It's kind of a flat pepto-bismol pink where it should be a glossy hot pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Funny how terrible Lorenzo has been in the first two rounds.
I said "Oh yes. Yes." when Jorge crashed on like turn 1 from like p16 today. That was perfect. If only their Max would do that.

• Locked thread