Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

I always love those "richest ever F1 drivers" lists who list Schumacher as #1 and forget about poor Paolo Barilla who owns like half of the Barilla pasta company and is worth like 1.5 billion dollars.

Holy poo poo...

I've had this nigga's spaghetti!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Flesh Croissant posted:

What would you pick as your helmet design?

Id have to buck the complex trend and just go one solid color, like Creamsicle-orange.

Canadian flag with the maple leaf on top and the red bars on the side. Initials on the side and #13 in the middle of the leaf in black.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Moreover, when I win the Canadian grand prix I will take a massive Canadian flag with me and drape myself with it. During the national anthem I will step off the podium to the front of the barriers and loudly lead the crowd in singing the national anthem word-by-word and even the English-French mix version. Finally, during my podium interview and press conference I will pay tribute to Canada 1st before even more parents and literally cry for my nation of birth.

Finally, on the way out of the circuit I will get ambushed by Tony Montana and a chapter of the Sons of Odin who will kick my loving throat in for not being white and trying to proclaim myself Canadian. I will die with a Canadian passport in my right hand and my Canadian birth certificate in my left. I will be replaced by Lance Stroll.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

I'd have a magpie on the back of my helmet because people in racing are really superstitious. (In the U.K. If you see a magpie you are supposed to say "Good morning Mr. Magpie. How is your lady wife today?" Because if you don't then it will curse you with bad luck and a death)

Uh.... wow. That escalated rather quickly.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd have the Lauda air L but change it to light blue or something. Is there a place you can actually get this done? I'd probably do it for my next helmet if it was cheap enough

You could just get Lauda Air Flight 004 on your helmet so you can traumatize Niki every time you walk by him in the pits.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Yeah, well you drive faster when you really have to pee, fill their drink thing with red bull.

They just pee, O'Leary. It's great to think that in glamorous Monaco right by the royal family when tehy're giving them the trophies that the drivers are all piss-stained and they stink of B.O. and piss.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

nsaP posted:

DC talked about peeing while driving before I remember. Said it was nbd cause with all the wind it dried out pretty quick.

Yeah, it was in his autobiography which is a great read just FYI.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's fine, he'll soon be feeling the crushing reality of Brexit anyway.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Then the three musketeers team of Norn, 1500 and theophany gallops in to save the thread because they haven't talked about Lewis and how much they hate him for 15 minutes are starting to get the shakes.

Ok, no, I can't abide by sub-cliques in an already clique thread. You guys need to disband with immediate effect.

This thread has always been a free-for-all and it needs to be maintained as such or else this entire house of cards will crumble.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wehrlein is out for China and possibly Bahrain as well.

quote:

Pascal Wehrlein will skip the Chinese Grand Prix, and could miss the Bahrain race too, as he battles to regain fitness after pulling out of Formula 1's season-opener in Australia.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128780

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So this is what it feels like to be in the Trump White House...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Unless Wehrlein is right proper hosed I don't see Gio getting the seat full time this season. Too much of a headache involved with Pascal bringing that Merc money to Sauber (especially if they've paid in advance) and Giovinazzi being a Ferrari a driver. But, hell, if Giovinazzi does well again in China and potentially Bahrain I'm expecting to see him replacining Kimi sometime very soon.

A competent young Italian in the Ferrari? Dio mio

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I think that changes if he drives another race. I mean, he'll be in that role but he wont be allowed to do any further driving for Ferrari in a test role this season as he'll be considered a senior driver.

quote:

That third race will be an important decision as it will make him ineligible to be classed as a young driver in tests; there are some in season tests now permitted, mainly to develop tyres, of four days. Two days are allocated only for drivers who have completed two F1 races or fewer.
On the face of it, Giovinazzi would forfeit his chance to do those tests for Ferrari if he races in Bahrain for Sauber.

Heh, Giovinazzi is managed by Fisi & Irvine's agent.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Really? No love for Mario Andretti? I mean his offspring are all scum but Mario is great.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

I'm buying my ticket for Malaysia. Is the ~OFFICIAL F1(R) PROGRAMME~ worth the US$15?

How often do you go to any grand prix? I'd pick it up as a souvenir unless you're on a tight budget.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
McLaren has fitted a coat hanger to their car.

quote:

McLaren driver Fernando Alonso says he had to do a "record" amount of fuel saving in the F1 2017 season opener in Melbourne, admitting it is looking like a big obstacle for the campaign ahead.

The Spaniard, who retired before the flag in Melbourne, stressed that several issues with the Honda package are holding up progress.

"In Australia, it was a record for us, the fuel saving," he said. "So it's going to be difficult for us this year, as long as the engine doesn't improve.

"It's not power, it's many things, it's reliability, it's fuel saving, and there are a lot more implications in the driving that we cannot drive normally, because we need to drive around the engine.

"It's quite difficult, it's quite hard now, to drive the car. But we are doing our best to help the team.

"It's difficult in the way that you cannot do any mistake for the whole race, because any mistake in one corner, you brake late, you lock up, whatever happens in the next straight, they will overtake you with the speed difference. You need to do zero mistakes."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-having-to-do-record-fuel-saving-alonso-890142/

Cool, it's thirsty as hell, too.

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 6, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah actually who on earth would be a jolyon fan lol. He doesn't really offer anything

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

drat you for making me re-read the last few pages to discover that in fact there was no mention of McLaren attaching a coathanger to their sharkfin

drat, Tsaedje. All that time we spent poo poo talking and living together in IRC has clearly meant nothing to you.

:redass:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

You could hear Nando working his rear end off when he came on team radio to talk about his animal driving.

Get him a loving good car dammit.

Drop Stroll.

Put Alonso in.

Holy gently caress, I'm turgid.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Stroll switched to a much lighter power steering setup compared to Australia. Apparently that's why he looked utterly ridiculous in the Australian Grand Prix onboards of him just desperately fighting the car and steering wheel.

quote:

"We took a different direction with a power steering in Australia, [with a] very heavy wheel," said Stroll. "In testing, I felt it was OK but I was really struggling with it in Australia with the bumps and all that.

"But we can't just go back to a different setting through the weekend so I just lived with it. This weekend, we went to a much lighter wheel and it cured the problem.

"In Australia, the wheel was crazy heavy and the track was really bumpy, so it looked really bad."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/stroll-boosted-by-switch-to-lighter-power-steering-891241/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

This would be amazing. Keep going, I'm almost there :flashfap:

Ok.

Williams can't afford his wages without further financial injection. Paddy Lowe at Williams might be a big incentive for Alonso to take a wage cut to move over.

Otherwise, it will never happen.

End of chapter.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I wonder if Alonso would sincerely rather drive the shitbox McLaren than narrowly lose the WDC with Ferrari.

I wanna know if he actually regrets his decision post-di Montezemolo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Speaking of Senna its there someone i can read on the crash? The car failed? Senna was hurt before the crash? Something?

He refused to sign for Ferrari and they were essentially under heavy control by the Sicilian Mafia after their attempted expansion into Northern Italy and the Sicilian Don at the time took Senna's refusal as a personal insult so the Sicilians pretty much forced certain Ferrari mechanics to sabotage the Williams overnight before the race with the help of some paid off track officials in Imola. Life sentences for a lot of them that were caught after a long drawn out trial. The early 90s in Italy was pretty hosed up.

Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjKBtJe4Fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH38CL1Ots

The race highlight is 50fps.

The official F1 youtube channel actually owns now.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also if anyone wants to know what good commentators are, BTSport2 MotoGP is on right now. Best motorsports commentators on earth. You will weep when you return to Sky for the next Lewis Hamilton win.

Toby and Julien are the best. Anything else is a farce.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

Whilst we're talking about daughters, my 4 year old daughter spotted the pink cars today.

"A PINK ONE!!"

She then proceeded to eat her cereal and didn't moan about 'boring adult TV' and watched the final 8 laps or so with me.

Thanks Force India :allears:

It's legit a good pink livery, too.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

This is actually a really depressing link lmao

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Did no one watch F1 in the 2000s?

Suzuka 06 is imprinted in my mind

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Didn't you call it Fuji a few days ago?

They all look the same. Also it's just the specific moment of Schumacher's engine blowing and Alonso blowing past him and fist pumping the air.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You make them gently caress

Fascinating.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is so weird. You'd think he'd be looking forward to Monaco this entire time just to make up for the power deficit. Indy 500? Are you loving nuts, Alonso? You guys kept joking about him dying and now he really is gonna die in some retarded circle jerk.

Sulman posted:

Great for motorsport, but a bit odd in general. The crown jewel of Formula One, and a team's star driver, absent?

I thought the sponsors would never allow it, but then I remembered there aren't any.

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Vettel is a 4 time WDC and Ferrari are the best team in F1. Jenson Button fluked his way to a WDC almost loosing it to the corpse of Rubens Barrichello, McLaren are poo poo.

Now explain why the best team in F1 has been without a WDC in 10 years.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Agreed, they're bad, OP.

Unlike the Scud, who own.

You should post more.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What the gently caress? All this hub bub about Alonso trying to kill himself in America in an ultimate protest against Trump completely blind sided me to there being a race this weekend

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Can the Bottas fans admit he's bad now?

No.

iospace posted:

There were Bottas fans?

Yes.

Gigi Galli posted:

what is this

Hi.

wicka posted:

A telltale sign of a stroke.

I feel fine.

DoctorGonzo posted:

This but Bottas.

Nah.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

My opinion is very rapidly changing about Zak Brown.

Why? Are you that desperate to see an American destroy a British icon?

And from the ashes Frank steps up out of his seat....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Is...is this how it feels when I post?

No.

You're a spicy sausauge.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

gently caress. Missed the predictor window on the golf course.

Tr...Trump?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Stroll is so loving garbage holy poo poo.

• Locked thread