Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Williams would almost certainly have won a race since 2014 if they still had Pastor Maldonado. I am not trolling. He won on merit in the 2012 car which was a far shittier car relative to the grid than any of the Williams-Merc cars.

I feel in 2014 they could have taken Monza or Austria if the cards fell the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if hypothetically you swapped Red Bull and Williams driver pairs, they both score the exact same amount of points and wins, just with different cars.

I'd disagree with regards to the 2017 car. It performs pretty poorly on anything other than low DF fast circuits.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's cool that basically everybody has forgotten about Wehrlein. Including the broadcasters.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maldonado was not that bad of a driver and none of the cars he ever drove were as good as the FW40.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sato is like De Cesaris and Maldonado as well, it must be said.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stroll got a podium in an era where car performance is relatively close and bunch of top runners dropped out. This isn't Johansson dragging an Onyx into 3rd place here. Stroll also looked really, really out of depth on various occasions during the season. Vandoorne, in a vastly inferior car (well, engine) has looked much better to use an example.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I witnessed, firsthand mind you, Stroll barley able to hold off Stoffel at Suzuka. He was visibly struggling to do so.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He's too young and has basically no experience, and was pushed though into the big time because of 1.) His results in junior formulae 2.) Money and 3.) The bad precedent Max Verstappen set.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ericsson has been getting the better of Pascal on more than one occasion and it's drat hilarious.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I always thought Pascal was overrated, loving Rio would get the better of him.

He was ovutqualified by Haryanto 5 times. Jesus.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Giant Clusterfucks ftw.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Will Stevens was garbo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have no opinion on Roberto Mehri. He probably didn't have enough skill to warrant a top drive but then again I don't think he was somebody that brought tons of money.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

Remember Andre Lotterer's F1 career? I'd totally forgotten it and I'm kind of annoyed that it's back in my brain wasting space

I remember people drawing Schumacher parallels.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure this 33 year old man that failed to get the better of Kazuki Nakajima in a second rate feeder series will set the world on fire.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Vergne kicked rear end.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Schumi
Barrichello
Monteiro
Karthikeyan
Albers

I forget the last guy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

Correct. You are looking for an Austrian for the final Minardi driver

I believe Narain was the first South Asian driver to score points., which is why I remembered.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Thackwell and Esteban Tuero were both teens iirc when they started driving. Both failed, and Thackwell's story was particularly sad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wasn't there some random rear end Thai nobleman driver who scored points in the 50s?

Oh yeah, B.Bira.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lol he wasn't just a nobleman he was actually in the Thai royal family. 50s F1 was weird.

A Habsburg races in F3 so we might see another one.

Also;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bagration_of_Mukhrani

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think one of the Italian races was basically a giant triangle. Avus was madness though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Another sham qualifying performance from Stroll.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Hulk is WDC worthy and always has been.

No.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

This idea that Hulk is bad is one of the worst parts of this thread's zeitgeist.

He’s not bad but he isn’t a champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Team Sahara.

• Locked thread