Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I predict Lance Stroll is destined for Great Things. multi-car Maldonado-tier divebombs every race if we can be so lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

wuffles posted:

I hope Bottas wins the WDC and then also promptly retires.
This would squeeze the maximum possible entertainment value out of an inevitable chain of Mercedes victories.
Maybe it could be Nando's turn next year? :shobon:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

wicka posted:

There's no way to watch these press conferences in the US, is there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoI_UXkcS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xfWHONOz0

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I've seen it before when the races are live but I'm not sure if multi-cam is accessible on replay.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Looks like they managed to get a few stripes onto the jumpsuits for this weekend.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

He locked up so hard he became a ghost

Also Haas has ditched their flippy floppy t-wing for now.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Dubs posted:

Maclaren lapping at the same speed as ferrari and mercedes right now
Their Honda engine sounds much better at this pace.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Really wish he'd make up his mind about these retirements.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Norns posted:

Were the haas brakes catching on fire again? Missed that
Nah, Big John was just getting a little gravelly at turn 1. Coincidentally after they took off the t-wing that was whipping around in FP1. (maybe it really is providing useful downforce?)

Kmag's issue was a problem with water pressure if I recall.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Is this just a hobby for Honda?

If the posts from that retired Honda F1 engineer are to be believed, then yes it is.
Like they're literally dragging their own name through the mud on the world stage for the sake of running a training program for junior engineers.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Nice to see Haas has (apparently?) fixed their t-wing issues. Hopefully whatever downforce it actually contributes to will keep Rogro from partaking in spats of autocross during qualifying.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

drat it Lance. If your going to gently caress up the car at least plow the drat thing into Hamilton.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Well maybe they shouldnt put 18 years in these cars then!

:getin:

Stroll just wanted to give FOM time to shoot more shots of Nicole Kidman.

Nill fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 25, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I don't care who, somebody better catch fire. :colbert:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

German and Italian anthems back on the podium, how it should be

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

wicka posted:

The worst part about their Live Extra app is that it doesn't handle commercials very well. Frequently it either breaks the steam entirely, but sometimes it will delay returning the race by 1-2 minutes every break. It's bizarre.

The web app has gotten pretty locked down on adblockers but something like AdGuard still works on android and Kodi has a LiveExtra plugin if you've grown tired of seeing the same 4 commercials on loop.

You still won't get the picture-in-picture during the break but at least it will cut back to the action at the right time.

Nill fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 27, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I spent the night driving around looking for a 12mmx1.25 tap. What did I miss?
Did you film your trip? Upload that poo poo to youtube because it was probably more exciting than FP1.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Dare I say Nazis are... Bad?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Like a frog to water.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

But these new cars can't pass :confused:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Funzo posted:

My 7 year old daughter has decided she's a Hamilton fan. I don't know what to do about this, is there some kind of therapy that could help? Maybe if I paint her room Ferrari red.
Perhaps expose her to his "music"? Although that may be considered child abuse.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Speaking of Indy, I watched a bit of Long Beach and one thing that stood out was the lack of blankets or warmers and how that affected the amount of overtaking. Exiting the pits on cold rubber saw drivers continue to lose positions until they could build temperature and leverage their new advantage, keeping more of the action on track instead of it being a contest of gaps and pit intervals.
At this I recalled F1 trying to ban warmers a few years ago but Pirelli balked at developing new compounds so the proposal was shelved. Why didn't they ban them this year since that couldn't be used as an excuse anymore?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

One thing other series should definitely adopt from F1 is the virtual safety car. Bonus points if they make a gimmick of it by literally projecting a 'virtual' car on the track.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

iospace posted:

Indy kinda sort of does? They wave double yellows to indicate full course caution on road courses (as does imsa), which is analogous to the safety car in f1.
I was speaking more to the idea of maintaining gaps through a caution.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Powershift posted:

It seems they've gone back to the old graphics with laptimes up and all that.
My wild guess is the sector dots were behind the graphics crashing? Probably reverted everything until they can fix it.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

He's a finance guy. He's good at shifting numbers and cutting corners to make things look good to shareholders, but he's done nothing to actually build that business. The actual long-term outlook of FCA is far worse than it was when they first merged.
They really should have focused on growing Fiat as a brand in the US and funded new R&D at Chrysler instead of cannibalizing Italian platforms into poorly received re-badged reworks. Fiat dealerships languished with nothing but the 500 to sell for years and their eventual response was to run it into the ground with 3 (4?) size variants of the 500 like some ersatz Mini Cooper that failed to take off, souring the Marque, while the Chrysler Group brands could have coasted a few more years on sheer momentum.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Wow, didn't realize he was looking to put that many miles on them before the 500. :v:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Theophany posted:

What is she tweeting I don't even

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Next you'll tell me Romain Grosjean isn't American
I believe you will find that he is in fact the Gr8est American.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

F1 2017: "ablueblueblueblueBLUECHEESE!"

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Screw sprinklers and medals. Bring on the battle cars.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Norns posted:

Well mercs new areo seems to have done...not much.
It will when all the new micro winglets flake of during the race and give half the field punctures.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Powershift posted:

Did they have a McLaren exibition lap before the race or something?

Speaking of...

https://twitter.com/indycarfan25/status/866357743594110976

Now they're trying to change out the engine before top 9 qualifying starts.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

At the final practice session before the Indy500 just now, Rossi was reporting his Honda was down on power and then Hinchcliffe had his blow up and start dumping its oil.
Did Alonso bring the curse with him? :ohdear:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

It's such a pity the engine gave up. Alonso had it in him to win it (though I'll admit it was unlikely), and top 3 I think was realistic.
It's easier to just tell yourself it simply wasn't meant to be. If Alonso's Honda hadn't Honda'ed then he'd probably have been a casualty of the incident just a lap or so later that eliminated the 3-4 cars previously ahead of him.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

On replay it definitely looks like Sainz just drove over into RoGro

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Karma collecting Max for loving over Vettel's race.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Huck Fonda

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Powershift posted:

gently caress england.

Isle of man GP, 5 laps. Solves the problem with frauds and lapped traffic all in one go.

"BOX BOX BOX"
"OK, see you in twenty minutes"

• Locked thread