Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I drive. I have a car. It gets me from A to B and has a funky little aux port so I can play whatever music I want through spotify on my phone.

There, I've exhausted my knowledge of cars and can now bow out of the conversation.

No wait, I did once replace the alternator on my first car, a fiat tipo.. and I might have attempted a fix on a knackered section of the exhaust pipe on the same car but failed miserably and had to get a mechanic friend to sort it out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

Have I ever told you how much I love your av?

No :mad:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

They totally need to arrest Bottas on fraud related shenanigans

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

I went in one of the new minis and that's a complete pile of poo poo. What is with the huge dial in the centre of the dash? Who is that for? Why? Goddamn that is a poo poo car

That big dial is for my mum, so she can keep an eye on the speed my sister is driving at.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

Gilles trajectory was about 30 degrees from memory.

:golfclap:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I'm in the unenviable position of moving house tomorrow so I'll be sans internet for a little while so, bold predictions!

- a mclaren will finish the race

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Having just moved house, I'm sans-internet for this race at the very least so, bold predictions whilst I've got the time:

- Alonso will finish this race

hahaha.... hah.. ha... ha.. *sob*

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

I hope your house move goes well friend goon, :) we moved a week before the Australian GP and it's not pleasant.

Thank you, already moved in thankfully :D back to work today after 2 and a half days off, the most painful part of getting all the crap out of one house and into another is done and dusted though - now the tedious back and forth putting stuff wherever it needs to go is next on the schedule

enri
Dec 16, 2003

CratSock posted:

Next time around: Tex-Mex.

I demand a discussion about 'nandos' and why people rave about a place that primarily serves the most tedious of meats; chicken.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I go away for a handful of days and you lot go all Gordon bloody Ramsey on me.

For what it's worth, I had chicken nuggets and potato letters for dinner last night. With ketchuip and BBQ sauce to dip in. I am 37 years old and made this decision all by myself (my carer wasn't looking).

I also fell asleep halfway through the Russian GP but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I woke up, as I always do when I fall asleep during an F1 race, just in time to see the podium.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Speaking of different driving techniques, I once tried left foot braking. Brain instinct kicked in and decided that because it was my left foot, I must want to mash my foot down all the way. I left a nice set of tyre marks down the A5 just south of Daventry and another lovely set of marks just south of my belt. Luckily I was stupid enough to try it on a clear stretch of road late at night, so no one had to react to my rapid deceleration from 70 to 0 on a single lane carriageway.

I am not a clever man.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

drat, that honda easter egg beats the living poo poo out of the hidden shark on my corsa :mad:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

Looks like a slab of salami between some kinda cake bread.

You had me at 'slab of salami' :allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

No chance to watch the race (or quali for that matter) until tomorrow night, curses. All set to record. Here's hoping for a repeat of last year with the mercs.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Finally caught up with the race last night after flying back home and all that jazz.

Well that was fun. I didn't fall asleep until lap 62 at least (around 11pm? In my defence, I was absolutely shattered)

Shame SUPER SEB didn't win but he's still leading, there is hope yet.

edit: also, 1000+ unread posts - holy smokes worst thread, you're on fire

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I used to smoke Marlboro reds and hated myself for even partially supporting Ferrari during the Schumacher years :mad:

6 years smoke free now, hurrah!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Someone said they wanted to see a 360 camera on an F1 car the other day, how's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzUTmQuO0o

edit: and another! :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0inetghnk

enri fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 18, 2017

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

When Hefe first appeared in this thread many moons ago he really was an insufferable bitch, but the years mellowed him and we grew fond of him. I miss the guy.

I remember having him on my ignore list for the longest time, back when the Alonso hate was strong. Godspeed Hef.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I actually really like how that looks

Yea I kinda like it too, will wait to see it on track I guess

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Full Nando

...if only I had the means to watch the indy 500 live :(

For us plebians, what time is it actually on?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

4.30pm UK time I think.

Basticle posted:

I dont know when the broadcast will start in the uk but green flag is 12:19pm est (5:19pm your time)

Awesome, thanks

enri
Dec 16, 2003

wicka posted:

Nicky Hayden has died :(

Sucks :(

enri
Dec 16, 2003

My first MotoGP race was some time in 2005-2006 or so, I remember it well because Rossi was getting very shoulder bargey with that Spanish chap. It might have been in Spain too. Buggered if I can remember any more details beyond that other than thinking "well that was awesome"

enri
Dec 16, 2003

gret posted:

I really wonder what the crowd reaction will be like for Stroll at Montreal.

The majority of the crowd won't get the chance to react at all when he bins it in the first corner

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

It's Tony, the person who quoted him had to add in line breaks so it wasn't one wall of text.

E. Also it can't be a brit, it hasn't rained enough to cause puddles in chuffing months.

Where on earth have you been? It was chucking it down solidly just two weeks back across the whole country practically.

FRAUD BRIT ACCOUNT SPOTTED.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

North East Derbyshire, the undisputed best county. We are the practically, the met office rain forecasts have been a lie and all our crops are hosed :(

Although admittedly I did forget about that one day of rain we had last week.

Pleeeaaase.... it's no coincidence that 'Buckinghamshire' and 'Best' start with the same letter :v:

(and so does 'bullshit' but that's ok, because I'm a Kent boy at heart, garden of England and all that jazz)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Finally saw that JB overtake on Lewis in FP2. Glorious :allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

"The jewel in the F1 crown"

"We're set for another classic race"

"Nail biting street racing"

etc

"Dark days for..." is fast becoming another Brundleism too

enri
Dec 16, 2003

making GBS threads Christ, I'm sitting here watching the podium and my 7 year old son goes..

"That man in the red, between the other guys in red, why is he not smiling like the others?"

..I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

Time for that father-son chat about team orders :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Basticle posted:

If any of you missed the Indy 500 and are maybe curious about it but dont feel like sitting through 3 hours of commercials, Indycar's youtube channel has this 30 minute condensed video of the race (race actually starts at 6 minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKBMElmM5LQ

Thanks for this, as a Brit who's never watched the indy 500, I was kinda bummed that yesterday was my wedding anniversary so I had to settle for text updates through the BBC whilst out and about in the early evening.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

If we're talking recent cars, I'm a bit fond of Honda's 2008 efforts - loved the livery... shame about those godawful wheel cover things that were all the rage (and looked hideous)

edit: vvvv and that

enri fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 30, 2017

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

You're a dipshit if you you're not comfortable enough with your own sexuality to admit that you're attracted to don't like Alonso hth

Sexiest man in F1.

Since Button left anyway.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

It's too bad Malaysia isn't on the calendar this year with Hammy's lack of fitness. He could have DNF'd.

October 1st :ssh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

The full Global Fan Survey report is now up and ready for downroad. It's in PDF format.

https://f1survey.motorsport.com/

tl;dr: F1 fans are terrible

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Have it your way!

or not at all if you're Norns

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I worked as a waiter at a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, no buses went that way on a Sunday so I had to walk for an hour to get there. After 6 months, I talked myself into quitting when I got there one day because I quite fancied the chilled walk back instead of slaving away over tables.

The joys of youth and the lack of responsibility.

But one of the waitresses was into her F1 and was a big Damon fan. So we'd sit out the back at the end of the shift smoking our little hearts out chatting poo poo about F1.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theresa May is a flaming cockwaffle. That is all.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

RIP Tony, we barely knew thee but your presence was most definitely felt

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Yes because so many motorsports fans are big into their tennis and football :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

:allears:

Yes please Mr Mod sir, centered is fine

Then I need to get rid of this funky arse avatar at some point

• Locked thread