Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Man the wide flat cars really look good. Compared to the skinny tall ones at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The cars look weird from certain angles but they really look great on track. It was only a few years ago we had skinny cars with skinny high rear wings and dicknoses... Shoot I think the high noses of 2012 or whatever looked worse than the dicknoses.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
no one cares jolyon

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It was nice seeing cars with grip again during qualifying. The speed thru the quick turns and the small window for a super fast turn in were refreshing to see.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
How many drivers do you think will be gassed by 3/4 race distance?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Malaysia is a good track for F1 cars and one of the few new ones that actually showcases the cars and what they can do. It'll be good this year. It's not that great for bikes tho and killed Simoncelli so I have mixed feelings.

Singapore can lick a toad.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm tired af and told myself I was going to sleep instead of watch what will likely be a dull race but now it's nearly midnight and...well..here I am.

blunt posted:

Bring back Turkey :colbert:

:agreed:

Can you imagine that left turn complex with the cars now? That thing wasted the necks of veterans, the kiddos would be jelly necks halfway thru.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
LMAO the local boy out on the sighting lap.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Will Buxton nailed it

https://twitter.com/thebuxtonblog/status/845945427706839040

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
IT'S JUST SQUIRE

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
HAM posted a snap inside what looks like a high school kid's recording studio, lol. He's worth Millions right?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

wicka posted:

Original "worst thread" was just fans of different teams/drivers sniping at each other with the occasional meltdown. Now it's filled with genuine psychopaths and alt accounts of banned nazis.

Hey, RevDrMosesPLester hasn't been banned!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Minto Took posted:

The Revered is a treasure.

Indeed. Also a nazi.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
DC talked about peeing while driving before I remember. Said it was nbd cause with all the wind it dried out pretty quick.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That Kimi is so wacky. He's something else.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Uh, the last Italian winner was D. Riccy.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda developed this engine entirely on the back of single cylinder prototypes and only put it together as a V6 late December to find out how hosed it was. No loving words.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-boss-thought-2017-f1-engine-step-was-too-easy-889447/

Flashback to Trump talking about how "No one knew how complicated Health Care was going to be!"

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/849550197206200326

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I have a cost saving proposal for Liberty. Bill Burr has been summarizing F1 pretty great from a new casual viewer perspective. He also has a helicopter license. What if they make him a commentator/emergency chopper pilot. Win/Win. The savings would be as significant as Trump donating his paycheck.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lorenzo will win a race by the end of the year. Rossi will not keep up with Vinales.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

1500quidporsche posted:

From what I gather Ducati has historically been very difficult to drive for everyone but a handful of drivers, I think that might be a symptom of the desmodromic valve engine.

They've made strides the last year or two but J Lo hasn't caught up with it yet.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He already test rode a GP bike

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
DiResta just acted like he wouldn't race the 500 and said it was because of the risk.

No one asked you to race the 500, Paul.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

DoctorGonzo posted:

holy gently caress thats grim, at psp you would get reported for that.

To me south africa 77 still is the worst crash in f1 story

Gotta go with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAPYHgxnhA

myself.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Clearly Seb

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Tony Montana posted:

*throws keys on table*

ok I had to snort a lot of coke and do a lot of burnouts, but I'm back

I'm gonna be honest I'm a little salty you overtook me on probations. But your last few weeks have been pretty eventful.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm at the point where if I hear an F1 car without Brundle blabbering on in the background I get anxious and uncomfortable.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What's your opinion on 'podiumed'?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

gret posted:

I always have trouble correctly taking that corner too, but then I'm not an F1 driver.

I don't think I ever did when I played GT. Couldn't ever get turn 1 and 2 and Spoon at Suzuka either, which was annoying cause I could hook up the rest of the lap. Everyone should give stoll a break.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
F1 is used to bad business but Sauber has been taking that to another level ever since the four drivers debacle

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

wicka posted:

Still confused as to why it wasn't hilarious that a lovely pay driver got hosed over because another driver offered to pay more. That's A+ poo poo and absolutely what I'd expect to hear in F1.

I should have said "all about bad business" instead of "used to"

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Americans aren't great at comprehension.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

iospace posted:

A Grom fits in that range.

You shut your dirty mouth

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm a "purist" who likes the idea of the control being in my hands and not abs. That said, there isn't one valid argument against abs on a bike besides "I don't want it." Bikes with abs stop faster than a rider on an identical bike without 100% of the time.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
On a bike it is demonstrably safer in every test done.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It's Claire Williams birthday today, if you know what I mean fellas

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Welcome to the light

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

NtotheTC posted:

Oh yeah... for some reason I always associate Renault with that fuckwit frenchman... ok well then No Bobby K at all then cos they'd be mad to drop Hulk for that risk.

It's cool man, F1 has been so boring that updates like a driver being gone for 2 years can slip thru. I don't know any of the bottom half of the field because the pre-race coverage is just slightly more boring than the races.

Thank god Liberty started those highlights on youtube or I wouldn't be an F1 fan this year.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I've been like 3000 post behind The thread and I didn't even watch the race this weekend, but I just saw WTF1 post that said there's no more races at sepang. What happened there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If Max takes a penalty I'd like to hear what he was supposed to do in that situation.

• Locked thread