Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We've got a greenhouse out back, I think we started some 'winter crops' already not sure what though. I gotta figure out what else to get started, maybe some tomatoes and spinach so dickhead squirrels can't eat it before it gets over an inch tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If you have a green house, why are the squirrels stealing from it? Just leaving the door flapping in the breeze out there?

Oops, should've specified: I tried to grow it last year at a different house in an outdoor raised bed with nothing protecting it, and that poo poo never lasted long enough to even be called baby spinach. I might build a chickenwire enclosure this year for whatever we end up growing outside of the greenhouse.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Garden update:

first bed is kale, lettuce, arugula and carrots. Second bed is tomatoes, strawberries, green pepper we picked up at the garden store yesterday. Then the teepee is gonna grow green beans and peas up it. Tilled up another bed in the back yard and planted zucchini, butternut squash and some pumpkins, as well as some corn but the seeds are pretty old, so they might not sprout.

• Locked thread