Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Haha yeah I meant using consumables will be more common for YOU. Your pubbie teammates will still adamantly refuse to medigel themselves up in the middle of the wave 6 objective when they get downed on the other side of the map in a place where there is no chance anyone else can revive them, leaving you down a player and forcing you to cobra your way out of the situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

From prev page:

highmodulus posted:

The Combat Patch 1.08 is actually really good it turns out:

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/06/07/patch-1-08-combat-balance-updates/

We’re continuing to improve weapon and power balance based on player feedback and our own tests.

In particular, we’ve addressed weapon bloom and accuracy. We’ve halved the maximum reticle size for automatic weapons and decreased the speed at which it reaches maximum size. We’ve improved accuracy for these weapons across the board.

Melee balance has also been addressed. We wanted melee builds to be viable for some kits at all difficulty levels, and to reduce reliance on the Juggernaut Shield. We’ve buffed base damage of nearly all melee attacks and introduced more passive bonuses to skill trees. We’ve reduced the melee bonus on the Juggernaut Shield to make it less of a required factor for these builds.

We’re addressing issues with teleporting enemies and reducing unfair sync kills. We paid particular attention to the Fiend, reducing its speed and preventing sprinting once it gets within 10 meters of a target. We’ve prevented enemies from sync attacking for two seconds after they jump up to a different level.

We’ve also made improvements to our pack offerings. For those of you looking to round out your roster, we introduced the Reserves Pack, a premium pack focused on characters. And if what you’re hoping for is that gun you’ve been missing, there’s now the Arsenal Pack. To speed up your refreshes between rounds, we’ve added a Jumbo Supply pack that contains five times as many consumables as a regular supply pack. Finally, you’ll now be able to purchase a Mod Pack from the item store, which contains a random weapon mod.

You can find a full list of the notes below. For notes in other languages, please check here.
Melee

Omni-blade
Increased base damage from 275 to 400
Cryo Gauntlet
Increased base damage from 200 to 400
Asari Sword
Increased base damage from 400 to 740
Krogan Hammer
Increased base damage from 400 to 650
Increased radius from 1m to 2m
Krogan Headbutt
Increased base damage from 330 to 740

Powers

Salarian Infiltrator
Offensive Tech Rank 6: Technical Synergy upgrade will now trigger for all three powers, not just Energy Drain.
Energy Drain
Decreased Rank 6 Shields Restored bonus from 30% to 25%
Cryo Beam
Now grants 25% assist score instead of support score
Shockwave
Increased damage from 245 to 350
Overload
Increased the chaining damage when fully-charged from 100 to 300.
Rank 6: Maximum Charge now grants +30% to all Overload damage, not just chain damage.
Damage from Frag Grenade now bypasses enemy shield gates.
Damage from Sticky Grenade now bypasses enemy shield gates.
Damage from Trip Mine now bypasses enemy shield gates.

Combos

Increased the Tech Combo base damage from 225 to 257 on Bronze, from 350 to 400 on Silver, and from 432 to 494 on Gold. The damage over time was not affected.
Throw now does standard combo detonation damage (previous damage was -25%)

Weapons

Accuracy improved for automatic weapons
Reduced maximum reticle size and speed of reticle bloom for automatic weapons

Assault Rifles

Sweeper (changes made May 19 in server-side update)
Increased damage from 64–77 to 96–115
reduced recoil
changed hit reaction to a short interrupt
Cyclone (changes made May 19 in server-side update)
Increased damage from 37–47 to 59–74
Avenger S
Damage increased from 55–66 to 66–79
Charger S
Damage increased from 47–56 to 57–68
Viper S
Damage increased from 460–552 to 610–732

Pistols / SMGs

Talon
Damage increased from 76–91 to 84–101
Force decreased from 50 to 35
Weight increased from 28 to 30

Sniper Rifles

Vanquisher
Weight increased from 45 to 55
Widow
Weight decreased from 65 to 50
Indra
Removed large camera shake on the Indra’s first shot
Incisor
Reduced Incisor’s recoil per shot

Enemies

Fiends, Hydra, Adhi, and Ascendants now wait at least two seconds to initiate a sync attack after jumping up from a lower level
Bronze enemies now do 5% more damage with all attacks
Silver enemies now do 10% more damage with all attacks
Gold enemies now do 10% more damage with all attacks
Decreased enemy shield gate duration from 0.25 seconds to 0.1 second
[SP] Increased enemy shield gate amount by 50%
[MP] Increased enemy shield gate amount on Bronze/Silver/Gold from 330/640/950 to 495/1152/1995
[MP] Enemies in cover take less time to attack targets that are in the open
Increased the distance enemies are willing to travel to execute a downed player from 9 meters to 12 meters
Reduced distance from which downed player can be executed

Kett

Slowed the wind-up for the Fiend and Ascendant’s sync attack by 20%
[MP] Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed

Remnant

Increased Assembler weapon damage by 10%.
Changed Assembler firing pattern from 4–8 shots per salvo to 4–9.
Damage spike at the end of the Destroyer damage field now ignores player’s health gate.
Observers now have a short charge-up time before attacking.

Outlaws

Converted the Pariah’s armor bar evenly into health and shields
Hydra’s sync attack wind-up is 20% faster and kills the target if successful

Cyclone (changes made May 19 in server-side update)

So they can balance without client patches now?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The buffed cyclone's not a joke anymore. I'm not sure I'd recommend it on gold over the usuals unless you have it close to X and have the barrel, but I topped the scoreboard with it on my turian soldier both times I tried it. It only weighs 18 at X, which is not bad for something you can use as a primary.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure there is a bug where the human male sentinel sounds like he's right next to you no matter where he is on the map, and also seems to be the only class whose dialogue gets subtitles. It's very odd

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RIP instant last wave script for now (if the author can get his new method to work)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

also the reegar is a shadow of its former self.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The pack also seems to have 5 experience booster IVs.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Haha look at all the dumbasses demanding singleplayer DLC when the base singleplayer game wasn't even finished and it's public knowledge that the studio's been gutted. What the gently caress are they expecting at this point? Any new multiplayer content at all is a surprise at this point, but I guess throwing temper tantrums over andromeda's quality is now a meme worth dragging into any news about the game whatsoever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What on earth does that have to do with buyer's remorse

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It already takes a year and a day to get through all the unlocks for rares alone. Adding a fuckton more unlocks for the same things just makes it worse.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The 6 N7 characters were ultra rare

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Naw those were Gold too.

im terbl

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The MP devs seriously thought shotguns are weapons traditionally used from cover

Just keep that in mind when you're wondering how they could have possibly thought _____ was a good idea

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Well the controls are miles better than ME3's on PC which is a pretty big improvement, since they were one of the biggest things dragging ME3 down. They just screwed up a lot of other poo poo--too many of andromeda's issues are either copied straight out of ME3 or made even worse, regardless of how loving obvious "don't do sync kills again" should have been

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it could be worse, warframe seems to have an algorithm to precision-identify which player has a sugar beet for a router and make them the host

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There are so many things to complain about in this game that we made multiple threads to categorize the complaints.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was garbo when the game came out but it was buffed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those are in singleplayer. Presumably they were added to MP in one of the recent patches

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I still can't believe how badly they screwed up. Another six months of polish would have made all the difference

The devs were dense enough to do sync kills a second time and interpret shotguns weapons that are best used from cover. I think more time would have only carried it so far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have been magically grabbed by it after dodging far out of the circle multiple times.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's ok, vermintide 2 and monster hunter world come out soon so there's good co-op games on the horizon :buddy:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Unlike the hammerhead, the mako was capable of withstanding the stress of a fruit fly landing on it and sneezing without instantly exploding into flames

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You actually can ram things, the game just has to be in the right mood and it has to be a tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Relentless posted:

My favorite part was where shotguns were balanced around using them from behind cover, and suffered a debuff while standing/walking/running/jumping.

This was the single most :psyduck: revelation of the whole andromeda balance journey and the moment where I started to suspect that most of the multiplayer team had never actually played a shooter before

I'm absolutely sympathetic toward bioware for everything they had to deal with re: the Frostbite Mandate, but the multiplayer team made it pretty clear over the next few months that they didn't have any excuse for the outright offensive balance at launch.

• Locked thread