Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
First - you need to have a lot of money. This will let you purchase nice tailor-fit clothes, a good haircut, and provides a confident posture. You don't really need this job, you just want to push yourself and you think this conglomerate has the right stuff.

Second - A firm handshake. Nothing says "I know my business" like a tight squeeze around another man's wrist.

Third - ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Gif makes a good point. Wearing socks are pretty important unless you are interviewing at a surf shop (the chill atmosphere there may call for flip flops!)

Not convinced about the sprinkles.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

google THIS posted:

Try casually sharpening an array of knives during your interview. If you're interviewing to be a chef they'll know you mean business. If you're interviewing for any other kind of job they'll know you really mean business.

good "point" on gaining a competitive "edge" you sure are "sharp."

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Be prepared to ask for a raise before you even get the job.

Something along the lines of:

"Listen, we all know my value around here is worth well more than what I am currently being paid. I think a 10% raise with a $4000 bonus is perfectly reasonable, under the circumstances."

This will show your potential employee that you won't be pushed around like so many of the white collar peons at XYZ Enterprises, and he will have to take you seriously.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

FutonForensic posted:

the greatest power play is to Play With Power. bring an NES and a 2L of cherry soda and friend, you've turned a dull interruption of someone's workday into a party

Also, let your interviewer get first dibs on Mario. But - if he goes for Lugio, you better bail out as that's a red flag that the business is lazy and complacent.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Criticize their business model before even sitting down.

In fact - don't sit down at all.

Lay into their entire methodology and explain how you would change it; thereby showing your invaluable quality.

A quick "GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF" smack across the face will also establish alpha-personality traits.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

FutonForensic posted:

interviewer walks in. you stand up. "d-dad? it's me... it's ya boi..." you have a touching reunion. the man who thinks you're his progeny passes the company on to you, which you tank immediately. another facet of capitalism destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Bust out the bottle of sherry, start a Barry Manilow record, and light a log fire in the corner. Then - start rubbing your prospective employer's shoulders.

• Locked thread