Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
extremely hosed up that while Gorillaz has had Danny Brown, Vince Staples, and Danny Brown and Vince Staples as openers on this tour, the show I'm gonna see in Atlanta has loving DRAM instead

I mean I like DRAM but gently caress I saw him in a small venue in Brooklyn and he was fine and I really don't need to see him as a depressing arena show opener no one cares about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Might try to nab tickets to the Barclays show, though I also saw em last year in Atlanta, and the price of arena shows in NYC has loving skyrocketed and I bet lower bowl will easily be $120+ (and upper bowls at Barclays aren't worth it)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

for some reason I've had Andromeda stuck in my head ever since hearing those songs today. that's a song that did not stick with me at all when Humanz came out and now I love, weird

also probably old hat to most posters but I missed this single from last year (I don't think it's even on the Deluxe release of Humanz?) which is kinda in the same wheelhouse as today's songs

https://open.spotify.com/track/5pE9vMyvVNOpZFutt6lyy4?si=h8pJWDbNTwG7kMJDWOx74A

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

studio version of sorcererz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40xG4bMr9F4

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that live stream archive will be up for the next ~24 hours, btw

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

really liked this. could use another couple tracks, but I'm guessing the runtime will be doubled by the time the Super Deluxe Special Edition or whatever comes out :v:

got a little more burned out on the singles than I would have liked but that's my fault for being lazy and sticking to the same playlists over and over

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AAB posted:

the live version of Tranz makes the album version feel rather lacking. :(

yeah, no fuckin kidding. gonna have to cut that one out of the boiler room performance i guess

gotta say though, as much as I had sort of been hoping for this album to be fulla bangers at one point, this wound up being a very relaxing and easy listen, with a few songs that I think will sound great live and help bolster their festival setlists, so can't say this was anything other than a success. my hope is that we get some good quality soundboard recordings from their upcoming shows (some of those festivals gotta be streaming), and, ideally, another proper live album, since they now really do have quite a few songs that sound great live

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 29, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

On reflection, if you told me this was a follow up to Everyday Robots I'd 100% believe you.

pitchfork had a somewhat similar take, basically calling it everyday robots but with a glimmer of gorillaz-ness that keeps it from falling into the same pit of drollness, which i more or less agree with

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

any of y'all gonna buy the livestream show tonight? I've got a conflicting thing so I think I'm gonna buy tomorrow's showing if the reviews are good, I assume it's probably pretaped: https://gorillazlivenow.com/

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

well, poo poo, my time zone conversion was off by an hour so I guess I'm gonna need to find a bootleg :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

stev posted:

£15 to stream a VOD of an 80 minute gig for a limited time? Nah Damon.

tbf, this is the system everyone's been using for live stream/vod tickets - the VOD is really meant for "your internet (or our stream) happened to go down in the middle of the show."

the nice thing with Gorillaz is that, unlike the other shows I bought this year (Orville Peck, Ezra Furman, Hot Chip, Future Islands), they have a huge enough fanbase I am sure someone has archived all of it one way or another. unsurprisingly looks like several of the youtube uploads are blocked for copyright, but I imagine they wouldn't be that hard to find in... wherever you'd normally find concert bootlegs

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this primavera setlist is astounding: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2022/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-4bb4f326.html

playing sweepstakes, with mos def and hypnotic brass ensemble, in 2022. holy poo poo i hope a full pro-shot exists of this set

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Solumin posted:

Just got back from the SF show. Really, really glad I finally got to see them live.

I'm incredibly surprised they brought out Fatoumata Diawara to do Desole? And... that's all she did? I mean, it was awesome, but still!
Have their shows always focused on Demon Days and Plastic Beach? It seemed like most of the songs were from those two, with a smattering of the self-titled debut and the newest stuff. (Including a new banger what was inspired by seeing an Amazon delivery bot in LA? I didn't catch the title Skinny Ape, according to the setlist.) They did play the best song off the Now Now (Tranz) but that was it for that album, and only Andromeda from Humanz.

Oh and they brought out Del the Funky Homosapien for Rock the House and Clint Eastwood. So that was incredible.

will say the setlist for this show looks like it was loving incredible and maybe a perfect concert

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2022/chase-center-san-francisco-ca-bb075ee.html

looks like they did a new song with beck and pac-man with schoolboy q live last night too, drat. i loved seein them on the humanz tour (even not liking that album much, i loved it live)

my gorillaz live white whale will probably always be sweepstakes. i fuckin love that song but they've only played it at a couple festival shows this year... since they only do it when mos def is around :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

crowd aside (I've heard far worse, especially on the second from headliner spot on festivals), that set loving ruled and I highly recommend y'all watch it

the run of dance tracks in the first half really does so much to remind me of the good things about Humanz/Now Now, really cool set list

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

weekend 2 stream has some different songs and guests: hell of a version of o green world, bad bunny came out for his song, song machine bonus track i completely forgot about with moonchild sanelly

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SWEEPSTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that might be the best sweepstakes they've ever done live, goddamn

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i am flummoxed that anyone actually cares about beck but to each their own

(good song tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wonder if anyone else doing the two coachella sets mixed it up this much?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-7bb89e7c.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-bb8d5d2.html