Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It has event where you pillage and murder a defenseless farmstead, complete with child murder and implied rape. Its about lovely people in lovely times being lovely to each other. Its not a modern commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Its not like you just stumble into it or are forced, it's pretty loving obvious what's coming when you pick the option to attack the totally defenseless farmstead so you can take their poo poo. Not to mention that basically every time you ever interact with the common people it ends with them going "Wow, I can't believe you mercenaries didn't rob and murder us." Because mercenaries are lovely, lovely people, barely better than bandits.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

tentacles posted:

JFC that mortar. Here, have a game designed around tight formations, and now, have an enemy (-exclusive) unit type designed to punish tight formations

Wonder if it'll be on the same level of bullshit as necrosavants

Seems pretty ragey to me, my dude, and totally not "just theory crafting".

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Wolf riders aren't proper cavalry, they're a hacky get around. The mounted goblin is actually an entirely unique mob, and when its killed the game flips and coin to spawn either a wolf or a goblin at half health.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Communist Walrus posted:

I think you might be underestimating it. When the game released the devs said that was it, no DLC, we're moving on to our next game. I can't imagine what else would've compelled them to reverse course if the player base didn't see a substantial uptick over time.

They came back to it because its three dudes and their next game was costing more money than they expected to make.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I always figured it was a more modern take on the merc/military thing from that bit of art, and I mean, I'd play that.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I need to get back into this and actually play the dlc, what are some decent seeds these days?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

They're all pretty much additive. They don't swap up the core stuff really, they just bring new stuff to the table, with the biggest parts being new company orgins and new kinds of enemies to die horribly to.

Warriors of the North adds viking/classical depections of barbarians to both kill and play.

Blazing deserts adds an Arabian Nights/Ottoman inspired south full of nomads and desert bandits lurking over every dune between oases.

B&E is mostly just about more monsters and making those monsters into gear at crafters.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Major Isoor posted:

I dunno. I've only done one arena match with my current beast slayer origin. Fought against two hyenas, which went well enough. I assume they can get a lot tougher, though!

Oh yes, absolutely. Even just a second match is a bump up to more lethal. I fought 3 of the tougher nomad type enemies in there and they do not gently caress around. Took many a save scum to win that one, definitely overestimated my men and went in too early.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Count Uvula posted:

The difficulty of the arena fight is highly random and doesn't seem tied much if at all to anything. AFAIK you could fight a famed gladiator in the first like 30 days of your campaign even though you won't have anybody with more than the minimum %5 chance to hit them.

Interesting. My first fights, when I do the arena anyway, have all been a pair of hyenas, so I assumed the first was somewhat fixed.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Genghis Cohen posted:

It would be cool if they had an option to manumit (ie free) your Indebted. Get a randomised Resolve boost and then have to start paying them wages. Maybe a randomised roll to see if they just gently caress off immediately.

Don't quote me on this, but I swear I've had a random event that had a long serving indebted like, demand freedom, and one of the options started paying him. The ability to manually do it would be sick, cause I get a lot of good use out of indebted.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Donkringel posted:

Overwhelm can also be great when an orc warrior sneaks into your backline.

Sure it can do a ton of damage but it only has 5% to hit!

Sounds like "two assured head blows to the superarcher" to me :v:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Every caravan job spawns a group somewhere that's meant for you. BB being BB, they have a semi decent chance to bump into some other party on the world map and get themselves massacred before you ever get close.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I still gush about the sounds of impacts that they recorded. Something like a fatal flail hit to the head just sounds so good!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

:five:

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 4, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Jarvisi posted:

My ranged units are kind of garbage. Crossbows don't do enough damage and bows can't get through any armor. Throwing weapons seem pretty great though!

Are you still using the crappy light crossbows and dinky shortbows? I usually have to buy the upgrades unless I'm lucky.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Veryslightlymad posted:

But really, it's personal choice and how I see the game. I don't min-max, like, at all. (I tend to build sane level-ups, but that's about it) I don't fire guys unless they're truly, deeply awful or have taken an absolute deal-breaker of a permanent injury. I might fire a guy fairly early just to get the Drill Sergeant. I like to envision these guys as a rag-tag little company of hard-scrabble dudes from eclectic backgrounds. Having a company standard on the field just feels right, the same way that booting ol' Arnulf the Beggar from the company feels wrong. Arnulf's been around since I needed extra bodies to fight that son of a bitch Hogart the Weasel.

:yeah:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Based on that teaser image, i'm thinking a plague crisis, something with davkul, or probably both.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

thats a templar style holy knight if ever ive seen one

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I think I'm really into Anatomists not because of their gameplay, though the couple mutators I've used have been cool, but because with my preferred settings they're pretty great at giving me the kind of scrappy starts I enjoy most.

edit: yeah, just having a couple bros with 60~ MA and decent armor adds a lot of survivability. that early backbone lets you go a bit riskier sooner, and maybe pull off some fights you probably shouldnt have been able to with X amount of bros belows a full line

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 12, 2022

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It takes a good chunk of cash so I rarely do, but yes.

Had a mission turn in I've never seen before where I used a spider corpse to gently caress with the quest giver. That was pretty drat funny.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Although I've yet to see anything get back up after a crushed skull :black101:

Maces/flails, stuff with decap, then axes and swords are my usual loadout for zombies, along with a spear or two to keep some back a bit. Someone usually gets a sword and a dog so they can make a break for the necro when the chance comes.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 19, 2022

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

aphid_licker posted:

Boinking raiders in the head is really fuckin funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I've seen small groups but never just a lone gheist on its own.