Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

red19fire posted:

Scuba - Commerical diver a big plus

I wonder if this guy is aware that the commercial diver day rate is between $400 and $800 for open water and that besides the helmet and a few other bits, most commercial divers don't own the hundreds upon thousands of dollars worth of equipment that commercial diving requires.*

It isn't any different in the South either. Houston doesn't have nearly the volume of creative work as New York, but since we're the 4th largest city in the US, there is always some shitter looking to screw you over on Craigs List.

quote:

Immediate need for photographer to retrieve, photograph and return 15 - 25 (could be more) home decor products to/from a warehouse in Houston (preferred near 300 W Airtex Blvd) - Or could photo shoot on location. Products must be picked up and returned in about 3-4 days. Maybe even take them to a barn or a farm for a cool location. Photos must be stylized to complement our "look" and to highlight how products are used. No white backgrounds. We focus on vintage, farmhouse, shabby chic and French country styles. Photos will be used to sell products on a retail home decor website. We will own all the rights to the resulting photos (you can certainly include them in your portfolio.)

If interested, available and willing to work for free, respond to this add immediately with your portfolio. We will provide you with more specific info and an email to send sample photos to. We are anxious to get this lined up immediately. May lead to more work in the coming year. Serious, qualified applicants only please.

No pay

This little gem caught my attention because the address they give is on the far North side of the city. That is a two hour drive from downtown in traffic and public transportation in Houston is a joke who's punchline involves setting you on fire.
So, in addition to wanting to make money off your work, their obvious ignorance of copyright laws, and expecting great work for nothing, they also want you to drop some pretty serious gas money to get all of this done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

quote:

Hi,

We're launching a new jewelry line coming up and we're looking to work with a local photographer!

Our budget is tight and we cannot pay. This could be really great for your portfolio!

What we're looking for: Some one local looking to build they're portfolio, able to see our vision and work with us well so that we can translate it into reality.

The purpose of this shoot is multi-faceted. Obviously we're looking to build a campaign up from the ground for our line, but we also want to focus heavily on the local community and find a way to mutually build and encourage one another. Additionally, the purpose of this campaign to speak to unity on a much broader societal level as well as locally.

We will feed you on site if you participate!

If you're interested, please email for more info.

Thank you. :)

Just standard run-of-the-mill stuff, except that this is a jewelry boutique that just opened up in a rather affluent neighborhood. So, they either spent all of their start-up money on the building, or they are just cheap fuckers.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

quote:

Our mission is to provide enlighting marketing and innovative creative services that stimulate all senses (including the sixth).

:ghost:

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
This one is extra fun because whoever wants these photos also wants a photographer who's got a studio, access to fitness equipment or a gym, and a group of models on call. All for the princely sum of nothing!

We get a lot of poo poo like this in Houston. Every 19 year old who lives near the city thinks they are going to be a rapper, rap promoter, or some job title that strings together words like "manager" "promoter" and "Aesthetic" except they usually spell it "ascetic." For some reason, Friday afternoons tend to be the time they all congregate and more than once, some dipshits have stopped city traffic so they can get shots of a model in club wear standing in the middle of a busy intersection.

quote:

Photographer For Brand Wanted:
Hello my name is Bryan Rawlins and I am still on the journey of finding the right photographer for my brand's first photoshoot. I am 22 years old in the process of starting a brand and my brand there will be presenting a clothing line and a fitness blog. I am looking for a dope creative photographer who can help bring the vision of my brand to life. Please check the requirements below:
- Must have studio OR access to one
- Must be able to provide a potential model list
- Must have access to a gym or workout equipment for a fitness photoshoot
- Must be familiar with outside photoshoots
I will be setting up interviews with each photographer who emails me so please don't expect you automatically got the job just because you emailed me. I have been looking for the right photographer for about a month now and haven't found the right person so please everyone apply and we will see who fits and doesn't fit. This will not be a One shoot; whoever my brand decides to roll with we will use in the future as well so We do want to build a business relationship with the photographer we choose. If you are someone we are interested in we will set up a meeting to go over the brand, the website, and vision. This is a high fashion urban wear brand so please be familiar with that is, what kind of clothing that's associated with it, and also what kind of photography goes with that. I will just give you my vision and let you do the rest so please be creative dope and Open Minded. No Pay

The same guy has a job up on meetaphotographer.com and while not as detailed, he is still specifying that you need an HD camera to make HD photos and take HD movies. The Bryan Rawlins Brand wants nothing to do with standard definition!

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yes, because everyone knows who Michael Phelps' photographer is....

quote:

I am a Professional Track Athlete and 2 Time Olympian [London + Rio]

I am looking to build my professional brand and image in order to partner up with various companies from around the world.

The World Championships are this year in London.

I will need high quality photos of me training and doing anything else related to my preparation for these Championships.

I am seeking a professional photographer to join me on this journey.

Please note: This is NOT A PAID GIG

You will be allowed to use my images in your portfolio and I will give credit to your company in every post or press release.

The same guy also has another ad up looking for a videographer with a 'rig' and a drone.

quote:

I am a Professional Track Athlete and 2 Time Olympian [London + Rio]

I am looking to build my professional brand and image in order to partner up with various companies from around the world.

The World Championships are this year in London.

I will require video content of me training and doing anything else related to my preparation for these Championships.

I am seeking a professional videographer to join me on this journey. Having a rig and drone would be preferable.

I am very creative and and I have a vision.

Working with me will be very smooth.

Please note: This is NOT A PAID GIG

You will be allowed to use my images and videos in your portfolio and I will give credit to your company in every post or press release.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

DJExile posted:

the random Capitalized words in This listing really Make It

He's so Dope that he can Spend extra on Capital letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yes, because I can't count the jobs where I have to bring my own swing lighting and overheads.

I can't even start to wrap my head around the metric ton of equipment that would be classified as "grip stuff" either. Like, do you want me showing up with full scaffolds or...

• Locked thread