Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

"The textbook (and legal) definition of an intern is someone who knows absolutely nothing about a profession, is working for free in order to learn, doesn't replace a paid employee and in most cases would be a hindrance to the professional. Any 'internship' where they want you to have expert level skills or professional grade equipment is actually a job, and you should be getting paid for it."

Agreed.

Now make the case for an untested individual, in a professional environment that actively, or through sheer inexperience, sabotages the brand they are representing.

Stop defending cheap assholes on craigslist in a thread about making fun of cheap assholes on craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Sauer posted:

If I can't pay my landlord with it, you don't get to pay me with it.

Until I can buy liquor with exposure and networking opportunities you're gonna pay me.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

Soundmonkey makes it a :toxx: for charities to food banks around the country and I will play along.

unless i hear otherwise i take this to mean that you're offering to get banned if someone gives ten dollars to a food bank charity

i'm not saying this is a thing (although please give generously to your local food bank and DONT GIVE THEM CANNED PUMPKIN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU) just to clarify

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

Oh you are very much putting the sword of Damocles over me. You are also leaving me room to negotiate, which I am thankful for.

Here is what I am proposing. I have recently offered something that is within this thread's auspice. What it is I have offered is obfuscated to the non-initiated of my posting. Which means, someone would have to flat out doxx me to prove it. Which also means I am of sound mind and body to challenge.

Here is my statement. There is such a thing as, "Beneficial exposure work." The caveat to such being, the entity offering such exposure work has to be of such exemplary standing that it would be seen as a benefit on a work application in the field in which you are attempting to apply. In very layman's terms that means a charity, or a person whom volunteers their time and effort to a charity. Something that we all know an employer or a college would just "eat up". The catch being, you have to prove to the person who is offering the "work for hire" a solid reason, with honest and pure intent, to whatever their requirements are. And reap any and all such consequences, including a negative review of your work, should the person you are working under deems it.

In very plain terms. If you can not satisfy that they would be benefited by you working for them, so that they could benefit you, don't even apply. One hand washes the other and so on and so forth.

Since we are having a negotiation SoundMonkey. And I have flat out expounded on my intent. Would you like to rephrase, or shall I just walk from this thread and say, whatever?

jesus christ

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

Wrong son.

as one of the worst posters on something aweful dot com, please explain why long-winded pedantry is worthy of anything but a kitten-cage

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

SoundMonkey posted:

as one of the worst posters on something aweful dot com, please explain why long-winded pedantry is worthy of anything but a kitten-cage

oh my god i just went through your queue history and the 'scapegoat' av wasn't given by a mod or admin, it must have gone through the purchase system. please say it wasn't you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

underage at the vape shop posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember it from one of those draw me an av gbs threads aaaages ago

feels good to not be the worst poster in the dorkroom

is #2 any less shameful really? not even good at posting bad

also it said goat before not scapegoat

• Locked thread