Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If I get a chance I might try an easy-listening version of Cherub Rock. My main issue is I'm not really comfortable with my abilities in covering songs. Also I don't have much free time to lay it down.

Edit: gently caress it, I'm in. Went against the idea of an easy listening version. The intro is whack but whatevs. I'll fix it later.

What I have thus far: https://soundcloud.com/syntaxfunction/cherub-rock-cover-guitars

I am not Billy Corgan.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So I'm not sure when or if I'll get a chance to record vocals. So in the interim/fallback, here's my cover of Cherub Rock thus far:
https://soundcloud.com/syntaxfunction/cherub-rock-guitars

Drums are from the actual song (found an isolated track). Everything else is terrible and me. Hey, I actually submitted something! If we're extending the deadline to like July I should definitely get some vocals done added.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The Shep posted:

I finished a poo poo-tacular cover of Mony Mony by Tommy James and the Shondells. I don't know if it's meta enough though, they originally wrote the song as a stupid catchy song about nothing to cash in on what was popular at the time and the name purportedly comes from seeing a sign lit up at night in New York. I'll get around to posting it later... maybe.

Do it man. I think I'm the only person who's posted something and I don't even have vocals and that's just no good. So yeah, post that poo poo.

Also thanks blaise. Although wait til I do vocals and ruin the whole thing. It's gonna be a dooooozy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Not even close to being able to lay down vocals :( I think sadly my submission will be instrumental only. C'est la vie.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm throwing mine in as final. I don't have the time to do vocals or better guitar/bass so it'll have to do. Sorry guys.

• Locked thread