Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I have a problem where other people's musical talents make me scared and not want to show them my music. I promise this is not me fishing for compliments, just an excuse/explanation about why I am slow to participate this time. I still hope to make something however, just as soon as I pick a song.

syntaxfunction posted:

So I'm not sure when or if I'll get a chance to record vocals. So in the interim/fallback, here's my cover of Cherub Rock thus far:
https://soundcloud.com/syntaxfunction/cherub-rock-guitars

Drums are from the actual song (found an isolated track). Everything else is terrible and me. Hey, I actually submitted something! If we're extending the deadline to like July I should definitely get some vocals done added.
Got no advice for improvement. This is just great.

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

What I'm working on

https://soundcloud.com/user-95178703/strike-up-the-band

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

Maybe we could scrabble together what submissions exist and post the voting thread in byob? I think they are friendly and receptive to visits from other forums. Doing so might even revitalize interest in rockstar since there are at least a few musicians who post there.

(If you do post a voting thread you can include my thing I linked earlier unless I submit a newer version before then)

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

Also, you are not allowed to end rockstar until I win at least once

• Locked thread