Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nh
Feb 2, 2003
Tentatively calling Freak on a Leash, Korn's mournful ballad about how it feels to be signed to a label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I can't do anything with Freak on a Leash that feels good, so I'm moving on if anyone wants it.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
Someone told me Sara Bareilles' Love Song is about her label making demands on her so I'm doing that one now.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
How is everyone doing? I hit a snag in mine today when I went to record c1, c2, and v2 vocals and had a hell of a time trying to sing. At the rate I'm going, I may never be done. I hope some of you are having less trouble.

nh
Feb 2, 2003

Coohoolin posted:

Would And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda meet the category criteria?

EDIT: Actually never mind, I'll give a go to Never Tire Of The Road.

DO IT

Danyull posted:

Finals are looming over me so I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to get it done, but I'd like to give Video Killed the Radio Star a go.

DO IIIOOTTTTTT!

I may not finish mine. I recorded the rest of the vocals and they are supreme terrible, my finest work in terms of recording something utterly unlistenable. Even my very supportive SO reported "yeah, it starts okay but really falls apart near the end" which can only mean "why are you doing this to me." I might try to find someone else to record it. Is anyone making progress? We're almost up to the last two weeks.

nh
Feb 2, 2003

Coohoolin posted:

I'm just gonna sit down in front of an h4z recorder with my bouzouki and hammer the tune out, is everyone else doing fancy multilayered recording? jeez.

It's certainly not fancy.

Edit: boop doop de poop

nh fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 15, 2017

nh
Feb 2, 2003
7 weeks and nothing. I think Rockstar is dead. No one can be bothered.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I hate to break the silence, but how is everyone's submissions coming along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nh
Feb 2, 2003
Mine's been done for months. I was going to go back, clean it up, and add some lead guitar but decided to call it when I started working on other stuff. https://soundcloud.com/stepwisecliche/love-song-sara-bareilles-cover-mix3

• Locked thread